Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HRM suggestions for someone on a budget!?

2»

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    personally I don't use HRM. I do have a pedo meter and I sometimes use this, but only as a challenge to myself to try to get more steps in my day, thus burning more calories. While I do log my exercise, I don't eat my calories back on the exercise I do. But i do like to know what has worked the best for certain periods of time. Example I learned that by adding in strength training I was able to see more results in clothes....not so much weight as it staied steady, however my clothes did get bigger. I use the wifit sometimes.....zumba on wii I get frustrated with so I stopped using that.....but I also go to a gym.....have five acres that I do a lot of yard work as well.....and go to a local free fitness class in town (held at a park so weather is a factor for this)
  • I recently changed to just using a HR strap (Polar H7) with my phone. They connect via Bluetooth. Gets the job done, stores the data in the cloud, and only costs $55 or so, which relatively reasonable.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    And eventually that idea of not caring about the burn side will be negative effects, sooner likely.
    Because the amount of deficit you take does matter.

Are you just trying to start an argument?

I asked if it was worth getting a HRM and it seems the general answer is no. I said that PERHAPS I may not bother to log the exercise if it is inaccurate.

I'm not going crazy with exercise as I'm not physically able to do so, generally anyone who is very serious about exercise and is working out a lot probably isn't going to be using a wii fit.

I probably only burn a couple of hundred cal (according to wii) 2/3 times a week. So as its not an accurate read I think I would potentially do more harm than good if I started trying to eat it back especially as I know that labels on food can be out.

Saying things like oh why bother with anything or perhaps if you are in a rush stop eating is just facetious.

I asked for advise and I appriciate peoples help but I'd prefer it if you weren't flippant and I don't believe you need to go to the extremes to make your point.

Sorry. That's why I included the part about eventually will matter.
    Read the forums enough you'll see it's an idea that is followed forever by some, even wondering why there is a stall for months at a time later on, or why they ended up skinny fat near the end.
    Your words matched many that are seen, and didn't want you to keep doing it to the end, to your own detriment.

Just keep it in the back of your mind.
  • miss_vdb
    miss_vdb Posts: 755 Member
    And eventually that idea of not caring about the burn side will be negative effects, sooner likely.
    Because the amount of deficit you take does matter.

Are you just trying to start an argument?

I asked if it was worth getting a HRM and it seems the general answer is no. I said that PERHAPS I may not bother to log the exercise if it is inaccurate.

I'm not going crazy with exercise as I'm not physically able to do so, generally anyone who is very serious about exercise and is working out a lot probably isn't going to be using a wii fit.

I probably only burn a couple of hundred cal (according to wii) 2/3 times a week. So as its not an accurate read I think I would potentially do more harm than good if I started trying to eat it back especially as I know that labels on food can be out.

Saying things like oh why bother with anything or perhaps if you are in a rush stop eating is just facetious.

I asked for advise and I appriciate peoples help but I'd prefer it if you weren't flippant and I don't believe you need to go to the extremes to make your point.

Sorry. That's why I included the part about eventually will matter.
    Read the forums enough you'll see it's an idea that is followed forever by some, even wondering why there is a stall for months at a time later on, or why they ended up skinny fat near the end.
    Your words matched many that are seen, and didn't want you to keep doing it to the end, to your own detriment.

Just keep it in the back of your mind.

Noted. I will log properly and as accurately as possible when the time comes that I can kick *kitten* with my exercising.
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    no one just uses a watch and their fingers and some math any more?
    I do to measure my resting HR.

Its usually too difficult for me when I'm exercising as I'm jiggling about too much and might fall off my bike if I take my hands off the handlebars :P . I find the strap an easier and safer option.