Cramping BAD....Laadies do you......

reese1206
reese1206 Posts: 229
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I did a new abs DVD the other day and have been having what feels like HORRIBLE period cramps. I am nowhere near starting. Is this normal? Does it happen to you? What would help? Thanks.

Replies

• No cramps after hard workouts, just muscle pain. Sometimes, you can work your body so much that your monthly comes early. Take Aleve to ease the pain, and if the cramps persist longer than 24 hours without a period, see your doctor.
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Did you allready loose weight? Because then your period also changes, and as stated above, extensive exercise will change your period time as well
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    totally could be muscle strain. I attempted to do some incline crunches and i felt like my vagina was gonna fall off!! I kept getting this intense pulling on the inside. I totally stopped doing it and the next day i was a little sore.
    I think there are other facts with each woman too, I had a child 2 years ago and I know my muscles are so weak down there too....I would think if the pain persist that you might want to call you doc.

Best of luck to you!1
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    What you suffered was: LACTIC ACID buildup>>>muscle cramps. Make certain you gradually SLOW DOWN your pace of whatever activity then, when you're nearly down, walk around slowly for a few more minutes. The body needs that take-down time to re-adjust just as it needs time to "warm up" those muscles before any activity to prevent injury.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Mother nature shouldn't still be in my life... I am too old. However, when I exert myself extra hard, I sometimes start my period early.
This discussion has been closed.