Fried Food Habit Broken

I think for the first time in my life, I've stopped craving fried food! I can't remember the last time I ate it. I grew up on McDonalds so I've been consuming fried food for my entire life. I would get cravings for fried food all the time. I'm so happy!

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Congratulations! That is huge. If that helps you, do it. If you get a taste for it and it can be done, as long as you don't go crazy, (and use good oils)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,137 Member
    Love fried foods. Personally I couldn't imagine removing that method of cooking.
  • Congratulations! I'm in the same boat as you and trying to break the fried food habit also. How did you do it as I'm finding it really difficult after so many years.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've found that baking things with a bit of olive oil is a tastier and healthier substitute.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Great job! I also have the taste for fried foods but have curbed it quite a bit. I have it, but not everything needs to be fried to taste good.
  • There was no easy way or trick. I just had to stop eating it for a while. Most of the time it was with a burger or other sandwich, so I would just substitute other sides if i could.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    NIce job. Celebrate each victory.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    I think for the first time in my life, I've stopped craving fried food! I can't remember the last time I ate it. I grew up on McDonalds so I've been consuming fried food for my entire life. I would get cravings for fried food all the time. I'm so happy!

Wow, great non scale victory! Good for you.
  • Fried foods that many of us eat and regret later because we experience stomach problems afterwards.
    Read this interesting article
    http://www.belmarrahealth.com/colon-and-digestive/unexpected-foods-making-you-suffer/