2011 New Year Resolution

kshindledecker
kshindledecker Posts: 11
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Hey all. Every year I make the same resolution, to lose weight. Every year I fail. BUT this year, I have what I didn’t in the last 15 years; my cyber family I call MFP. I know everyone out there, through support and caring, have helped me achieve more then I ever could alone. Because of that and the fact that I know you will always have my back, I am making new!

- Spend as much time with my family as i can.
- Accomplish that A+ certification
- Get that computer related job back!

Thanks to all of you for a wonderful 2010 and the loss for 17lbs. Happy New Year!

If you care to, please share your resolution.

Replies

• I normally don't make New Year Resolutions. I've never stuck to them before, so I haven't seen the point in the past years to do it. But, I've decided that my resolutions are my goals (short-term and long-term) for a healthier, happier life. Here they are:

Learn to run again - I start my C25K tomorrow morning!
    Lose 5 lbs by the end of January
    And the big one? Run a 5K sometime around early summer

I'm really excited about 2011! 2010 was rough for me - good riddance to it and I hope the big metal door smacks it in the butt on the way out. 41 minutes until the New Year! LOL
  • Mine is kinda goofy....but I want to have a hot, rockin' bod and by the end of the year land a role on True Blood so I can make out with Alexander Skarsgard on tv!

Ok, maybe not, but at least get a hot, rockin' bod so I have a ton more confidence during auditions. :D

Good luck to you!
    I know this will be an amazing year!
  • WOW this is the first time I've seen your ticker! You've lost so much on your face!! You must be thrilled :) Here's to a great 2011!!!

My resolution is to cut out as much processed food as possible and to lower my sodium intake.
  • Awwww...*hugs* to you you sweetie! I am so proud to be your friend on here!!!! I am not going to lie...I have way more female friends on here than men. I have no idea why that is, except maybe a lot of men think a sight like this is not their style (sorry, guys, now offense)! But you know what? You should be proud that you are a enough of a "man" to decide that you were sick of living your life feeling tired and bummed out (like me :smile:) and wanted to make a BIG change in your life. I am so happy to be on this journey with you and so happy to shout out that you are my "MFP friend"! *HUGS* to you and best wishes for an awesome 2011! :drinker:
  • bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    Wow, your picture does reflect a thinner face! Good for you. My New Year's resolution is to grab just as much joy out of next year as possible. :smile:
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!

My resolutions:

- Become a personal trainer.
    - Run the Pike's Peak Ascent.
    - Stay healthy.
    - Get my driver's license.
    - Save money.
    - Get married.
    - Kill Deathwing.

May you attain all your current new year's resolutions!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Good job! And as many have stated your face looks much slimmer! Keep up the good work and you will do it!
    I have made this "my year" and by reading..you have made this your "my year' too.

looking forward to see your B&A pics at the end of the year.. And you must...post an after pic with lovely wife! Perhaps on the same bench if possible.

All the best
    Goaliema
This discussion has been closed.