5'8" ladies what is your goal weight?

I'm 5'8" and just wondered if I'd set a realistic goal for myself, I'm currently a UK size 18 having dropped from a UK size 20, my goal is to be a UK size 10 weight 9st 6 lbs or 132lb or 59.87kg

I've already bought myself a pair of lovely gap jeans in my goal size as incentive on dark days x

Replies

• bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    I'm 5'8 and 154.. a year ago I was 264! I have been at 154 since the beginning of August but now I'm thinking I want to go a little lower. Maybe 140-145.. but I hope to have a tummy tuck at some point so I don't want to get too low either.. I'm a US size 4..
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    I've set my initial goal for 160 and will re-evaluate when I get there.
  • LazPagz
    LazPagz Posts: 28 Member
    I started at 270lbs (19st 3lbs) and my goal weight is 150lbs (10st 7lbs) however i'm more focussing on dress size, so would love to be a UK size 12. I've lost 1st 11lbs so far, keeping my goals to 7lbs at at time at the moment.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    I'm 5'8" ...............my goal is to be a UK size 10 weight 9st 6 lbs or 132lb or 59.87kg

I'm sure at 5'8" you'd be a UK 10 and a higher weight!
    I'm a UK 8-10 and 9 stone 2 (128 lb) and i'm a 5'3.5 shortie. :wink:
    Out of interest, how did you get 9st 6?
  • SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    I liked myself at 60- 63kg.

Now, I am just fat.
  • Weightwatcher72
    Weightwatcher72 Posts: 95 Member
    I'm doing both myfitnesspal and weightwatchers at the same time, 9stone 6lbs is the lowest the WW app will let me go to keep a healthy BMI

I'm currently weighing in at 14 stone 11lbs (until later touch wood when I have my weigh in), I started at 15 stone 12 lbs, but only started myfitnesspal a week or so into that diet, and WW another week in

If it helps I've just read on the jeans the U.S. size is a 6, I don't what size in US I already am as they don't carry the size converter like the goal size gap jeans do
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm 5'8 and large-framed (my wrists are almost 7" around!) and very muscular, so I'm aiming for around 170 pounds (about 12 stone). I was a fairly serious competitive athlete with those stats, and I was around a US 10-12 at the time (UK 14ish).
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    I'm doing both myfitnesspal and weightwatchers at the same time, 9stone 6lbs is the lowest the WW app will let me go to keep a healthy BMI

I just punched my Stats into the WW calculator and my minimum weight at 5ft 3 would be 8 stone! :noway:
    Maybe frame size plays a part, but to me, 9st 6 (132 lbs) is pretty low for 5ft 8.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    I set my goal at 150, but I'm not really sure how realistic that is at this point. I plan to reevaluate my goal once I lose another 20 pounds.
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    I really am not sure what mine will be. I am lower than I have been for a long time, but still feel I have work to do.
    Currently aiming for about 160 and then going to re evaluate at that point.
    Would be happy in a UK size 12.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

I just punched my Stats into the WW calculator and my minimum weight at 5ft 3 would be 8 stone! :noway:
    Maybe frame size plays a part, but to me, 9st 6 (132 lbs) is pretty low for 5ft 8.

Not really. Someone of my height (5'10) can go down to 9 stone 3 and still be considered within a healthy range.

You might find you are smaller than a Uk 10 at that weight, OP, especially if you incorporate some sort of strength/weight training as you lose the weight. I am a size 25 waist in Gap, which is a 0 I believe or a 2 US at my current weight of 9 stone 10 (5'10).
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    5'9 here and a UK 10-12 jean size at 168lbs - started as a size 22 so happy with that :)

It does depend on your frame size and muscle mass though - I am built 'like a brick outhouse' and cannot do the zips up on size 14 dresses and have to have the size 16 ones for my back and boobs - but then they hang a bit round the waist :(

Just wait til you get to a healthy BMI (for me that's 171.5lbs) and see how you feel. Its your body!!
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    I'm aiming for 72kg (about 11.3st) as that was my fit pre pregnancy weight - I was a size 12 and felt happy with my weight. Its more than the 'guides' say (68kg) I should be but better than the 87kg I am now :-)
  • cheslightsey
    cheslightsey Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'8 and a US size 8/sometimes 10 depending on the designer...I've currently lost down to 140lbs. I'm probably going to try for 135lbs, but feel very fit and comfortable at my current weight.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    5'8" currently 150lbs avg. - US size 6/8. My initial goal weight was 140 but I didn't like how my body looked (I was a cardio bunny and ate whatever I wanted within a caloric limit)

Now I eat the right foods, lift heavy weights and feel good staring in the mirror :wink:
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Interesting thread I'm 5'8 and seeing the variation in clothing size for the same height I assume it has to do with muscle mass(?) as I see one saying 154 and a size 4 and another at 14 pounds less is a 8/10.
    My goal weight is 170 but I wont know for sure until I am under 200. Long way away
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    My goal is about 160 and a US size 6 or 8. Right now I'm a US 10, but when I started MFP I was a tight 12.
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Interesting thread I'm 5'8 and seeing the variation in clothing size for the same height I assume it has to do with muscle mass(?) as I see one saying 154 and a size 4 and another at 14 pounds less is a 8/10.
    My goal weight is 170 but I wont know for sure until I am under 200. Long way away

Frame size and muscle/lean body mass will play a big part - there's simply no way I could fit my *skeleton* into size 4 anything, never mind my actual body, but every individual is going to have a different combination of factors. Bodies are weird like that!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member

Well, there's also 'vanity sizing' to keep in mind. And each clothing manufacturer sizes things differently.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    I'm 5 ft 9 and currently around 147lbs!!!! I want to lose 3-6lbs max.

I think that weight is pretty low for being only an inch smaller than me. I would say just go by how you feel, and see if you can keep up with that diet or exercise regime to maintain that specific number you want.

I am now trying to concentrate on my BF % as I have built some muscle now!!! Its all about me lowering my body fat & not worrying about how much or less I weigh.

If I look good.... I sure feel good : ) xx