Girls age 20-30 looking to lose 50LBS or less

Options
Hello all!

I want to start by saying I would be MORE than happy to accept any friends request of someone who is active and willing to be an accountability partner. With that said, this post is specifically for people with similiar interests. It's nice to find people on the same path because you can relate that much more. Here are my stats. Feel free to share yours and add me :)

Female
Age 23
Height 5'3"
Weight (around 170)
Goal (135)
calorie goal (1350)
Workout routing (T-25 by Beachbody)

Replies

• KarenCH86
    KarenCH86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi DorseyJ618

I just joined today and I'm trying to lose weight. A few months ago I lost 25 IBS and I have yet to lose anymore. I don't have any idea why I am still at the weight that I am. So I joined this program to see if this would make a difference.

Female
    Height: 5' 6"
    weight: 180
    Goal: 155
    Workout routine: Sculpt with kettle bell (DVD) 3 days a week & Skinny (DVD) 2 days a week
  • pucklemore
    pucklemore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 185
    Goal: 120
    calorie goal: I don't really pay attention to calories
    Workout routine: Zumba and free weights from time to time

I'm still a student and balancing school and losing weight can be stressful. But I also want to try to improve my health. I've lost a few inches this past year since I've started Zumba but I've been busy recently and haven't had time to go as much. I've also been eating unhealthy. I hope to cut back on carbs seeing as I consume too many!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Woman!
    SW: 163-163
    CW-143-145
    GW-135
    Calories: 1440
    Workout routine: Heavy weight lifting on a calorie deficit. Cardio: step mill, spin, zumba, running.
  • artemiss09
    artemiss09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I joined MFP again and have been on here for almost a month (holy cow!)
    Height 5'7"
    Starting weight: 186
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 150
    Calories: 1480
    Workout routine: Insanity (2-3x/week) Running (2x/week)

I'm also a student (trying to balance my personal life and grad school). I would love encouragement/ to encourage others in a similar position.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height: 5'7
    SW: too much...213
    CW: 188
    GW: 170 (Would be okay with dropping down to 160)
    Calories: Used to be 1200, then 1400. Now at 1600 and still losing!

Work-out Routine: Running 3x a week and the occasional day or two of circuit training with weights. I happen to actually get a 2nd job, so fitting in my workouts has been a harder task. So I try to make the runs mandatory and the other workouts optional. C25k graduate as of August and currently doing C210k.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height: 165cm
    SW: 60kg
    CW: 55kg
    GW: Not sure. Think I'm more about body composition, so whatever weight when I'm happy with my bod!
    Calories: Around 1300 atm.
    Work-out Routine: running 10km x3/week and gym classes

Been on here for an age now, but need some more active peeps. This came up at the perfect time! I've FR'd you all :)
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height : 5'4
    SW: 172
    CW: 144
    GW:135(?)
    Calories 1300ish
    Workouts Currently : Hitts, TRX, Cardio, Weights, Yoga
    Workouts before hitting under 150: T25 Weights Cardio Yoga

Send me a friend request:) Most of my friends have gone inactive :grumble:
    Im in it to make my goals and make gains, im meeting this goal by February/ 1 Yr Mark of being back on track (as im a student I sit a lot haha)
  • taureanbeauty293
    taureanbeauty293 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello DorseyJ618!

Female
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 193 lbs
    Workout route: various activities, whenever I can

I've been struggling to lose weight for a while with variable success, going off an on different programs but I've always tried to consistently track what I'm eating on MFP. I work out 2-3 times a week usually but am working towards doing more. I sometimes do a video at home, sometimes I work out with a friend, and sometimes I go to exercise classes- variety is my favorite exercise "program". :wink:
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 25
    Height 5'5"
    Highest Weight: 210
    Current Weight: 160
    Goal:135
    calorie goal: 1600
    Workout routine: LiveFit by Jamie Eason (from Bodybuilding.com)

I've gotten below 135 before, but am currently up 25 pounds from where I'd like to be. Always happy to make new friends!
  • DorseyJ618
    Options
    It's nice to see so many responses. I look forward to seeing you all succeed!
  • laurarsolar
    laurarsolar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 26
    Height 5'0"
    Highest weight 151
    Current weight 131
    Goal weight 115
    Calorie goal 1400, but thinking about adjusting this

I really would love to have new friends on here. I'm also training for my first half marathon so if anyone is a runner I would love to chat!!!
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 33
    Height 5'4"
    HW 185
    CW 172
    GW 130 / 140
    Calories 1580
    I do Zumba at home and walking - feel free to add me!
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 28
    Height 5'7
    Starting weight 157
    Current weight 145
    Goal weight 125
    Calorie goal 1,500

Train at a small independent gym where they have intense boot camp style classes I go to 5-6 days a week. Also, kickboxing 3 x a week.

I know it says I joined last winter, but I never even signed in until August! Progress has been slow and I would really love some friends for help along the way :)
  • tssomerville6113
    tssomerville6113 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 26
    Height 5'3
    Starting weight 157
    Current weight 151
    Goal weight 135
    Calorie goal 1,200- 1400

Exercise: Mostly walking and home work out videos
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Female
    Starting weight:175
    Current wieght: 165
    Goal weight: 125-135
    Calorie goal: 1,200-1,300
    For exercise I like to go running, walking, or some videos like Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, yoga, Pilates. I like to mix up my exercise. I'm on here everyday so anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Sarahclaybaugh
    Sarahclaybaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Female
    Starting weight:163
    Current wieght: 157
    Goal weight: 135
    Calorie goal: 1,350
    Exercise Routine: Currently going to the gym 3x/wk doing a combination of cardio (treadmill & cycling mostly) and weights, usually about 1 hr 30 min total. I work with a personal trainer once a week, which helps keep me accountable for my progress.

I am a bit limited currently as I recently strained a muscle in my back (high heels and big handbags will apparently do that!) so can't run, though that is my preferred form of exercise when I'm not in the gym. I just started going back to school part time on top of my full time job, so am looking to try to stay consistent in going to the gym 3x/week and would love to have people add me, I can use all the accountability and encouragement you've got!
  • N0VV
    N0VV Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 25
    Height 5'8.5
    Starting weight 147
    Current weight 141
    Goal weight 131-135
    Calorie goal 1,500

Exercise routine: Cardio followed by weight and strength training

Diet: Trying to cut dairy and all grains, it's a challenge but that first 6 ibs melted off the first 2 weeks
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Female
    Height: 5'2"
    SW: 142
    CW: 133
    GW: 125 I'd be fine with but I'm not looking at weight goals as much as I am looking at fitting back into my clothing and turning my body from soft to muscle.
    Calorie goal: (1300-1400)
    Workout routing: Recently started back swimming. I'm going to try 3 days a week and strength train with pilates on off days
  • kotarea
    kotarea Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age 25
    Height 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 189
    Current Weight: 125.6
    Goal: Not sure, but once i am tone and have gotten rid of my belly fat then i will be happy
    calorie goal: 1200
    Workout routine: 30 day shred as well as other toning videos

Always looking for more support!!!
  • Space_Kitten
    Options
    Female
    Age 30
    Height 5'8
    Starting weight 185
    Current weight 180
    Goal weight 130
    Calorie goal 1522
    Exercise: Yoga, Hula-hoop, stationary bike, pole dance, zumba, weight lifting. I get bored SO easy, I have to shake things up all the time.