Help me pick what to eat for lunch!

Options
I have a work meeting tomorrow at this restaurant. Please tell me what you think would be the least worst item on this menu! Or should I just plug the ingredients in the recipe builder?

SANDWICHES

Roast Beef & Cheddar, 9.5

Slow roasted roast beef, cheddar, slaw, chipotle mayo on challah

Chicken Salad, 9

Slow roasted chicken, toasted pecans, cranberries, celery, onion & a hint of cinnamon with lettuce & tomato on a Kaiser roll

Turkey & Avocado, 10.5

Fresh roasted turkey, pepperjack, avocado, banana peppers, red onion, lettuce & herb mayo on french loaf

Ham & Egger, 9

Sliced ham, smoked maple bacon, egg salad, cheddar & lettuce on seeded rye

Meatloaf Sandwich, 10

Homestyle house made meatloaf smothered in smoky BBQ ranch & topped with crispy onions strings on sourdough

Club, 10.5

Sliced ham, fresh roasted turkey, applewood smoked bacon, avocado, roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo on sourdough

Portobello Caprese, 10

Roasted portobello mushroom, caramelized onions, tomato, garlic, basil, balsamic, fresh mozzarella, herb mayo on French loaf

Crab Cake Grilled Cheese, 13.5

Maryland style crab cake, cheddar, pepperjack, tomato & remoulade sauce on challah

Turkey & Cranberry, 10.5

Fresh roasted turkey, applewood smoked bacon, herbed goat cheese, cranberry-pecan relish & lettuce on sourdough

Ruby, 9.5

Fresh roasted turkey, swiss, slaw & 1000 island on seeded rye

Roast Beef & Horseradish, 10.5

Slow roasted roast beef, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, provolone & horseradish mayo on sourdough

Hawaiian Grilled Cheese, 9

Sliced ham, cheddar, pepperjack, pineapple salsa on challah

Red, White & Blue, 10

Fresh roasted turkey, applewood smoked bacon, arugula, roasted red peppers, herbed blue cheese on sourdough

French Dip, 9.5

Slow roasted roast beef, swiss cheese on French loaf dipped in our own au jus

Reuben, 9.5

House made corned beef, swiss, kraut, 1000 island on seeded rye

Crab Cake, 12

Maryland style crab cake, lettuce, tomato, remoulade on kaiser

Cauliflower, 10

Roasted cauliflower, black bean hummus, pickled peppers, pepperjack & smoky ranch on sourdough

No gluten was added to any of our in-house roasted meats. Our crab cakes do contain gluten. We offer gluten-free bread to be substituted for any of our sandwiches.

SALADS

Caesar, 11

Chopped romaine, slow roasted pulled chicken, house croutons, parmesan & toasted pine nuts tossed in our own garlic Caesar dressing

Cobb, 11

Chopped romaine, slow roasted turkey, ham, hard boiled egg, blue cheese crumbles, avocado, applewood smoked bacon, tomato, beets, balsamic or ranch

Beet, 11

Arugula, chopped romaine, red onion, roasted beets, pistachios, goat cheese, honey balsamic vinaigrette

Tex, 11

Chopped romaine, slow roasted pulled chicken, roasted red peppers, avocado, black beans, cheddar, tomato, red onion, onion straws, BBQ ranch

Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad sandwich
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Umm those salads sound more high cal than the sandwiches. How about a good meat loaf sandwich with half the bread? Piece of meat, a grain, and some veggies without any dressings or sauces.
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I was thinking the Portobello Caprese sandwich, but not sure about the herb mayo.
    Like the idea of half the bread and no dressings/sauces.
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I vote Portobello Caprese. Sounds delicious!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You might be able to ask for it without the mayo actually. It sounds okay but it's going to come on some serious bread I think.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Turkey & avocado - no cheese/mayo.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What ever you would like best. Remember you should always ask for mayonnaise and dressings to be on the side so that you can control the portion and If you don't want too much bread take the top off and eat your sandwich with a knife and fork Open face. I also stay away from chicken and egg salads. They are loaded with mayo and are not always fresh.

ETA - I would order the Reuben without bread and dressing on the side.
  • Whalers81
    Whalers81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Turkey & avocado - no cheese/mayo.

Ditto.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like, just ask for the condiments on the side. And factor in 250-300 calories for the bread. The main issue with those places is that they often give chips with sandwiches... and for me a sandwich is typically not enough food.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Interesting sounding menu. What's with the mayo on almost everything?

Of the choices, I'd suggest:

-Turkey and avocado - no cheese, hold mayo
    -Portobello Caprese - hold mayo
    -Tex salad - no onion straws, dressing on the side

For the sandwiches, try asking if they have a whole wheat or whole grain bread - the extra fiber and protein will fill you up more than French loaf. Also see if they are willing to give you a side salad instead of chips or whatever side they usually give.

If you can get a brothy soup (not cream-based) as an appetizer, that will help fill you up too. Minestrone is great because it has lots of veggies and beans; garden veggie is also good
  • itsmesuv94
    itsmesuv94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    - whole wheat wrap filled with spinach, smoked salmon, chopped pepper, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and so on.
    - grilled chicken salad.
    - whole grain sandwich with organic/natural peanut butter and banana or low sugar jelly.
    - protein pancakes.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Have a peanut butter and sardine sandwich. With extra onions.