Not a good day!!

Options
I could kick myself!! :explode: I underwent surgery on my foot three weeks ago so I have been housebound.. I was doing so well on the plan, was extremely hard but I was very motivated to stck to it as I dont want to gain any lbs which is so easy to do being immobile. However I arrived at my parents on Thursday for a few weeks to stop me going insane with boredom. But i stepped onto the scales this morning and i have gained 3lbs over the weekend. Its my own fault but im so annoyed with myself. Just wanna grab the cake tin!! I have had a word with myself today and I must keep going, dont want to fall into the trap of 'whats the point' .... I just feel soooooooooooo depressed:frown: :sad:

Replies

• arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, you can fluctuate 3lbs in one day alone. Give yourself a break, you're going through some ****! Just make good eating choices and keep moving when you can.

Don't kill yourself over this. 3lbs can be gone in one day! Believe me, It happens to me all the time.
  • Thankyou. I just hate feeling like this. I will wait a few days before weighing in again. Fingers crossed its all gone again next week :smile:
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    fiber, fiber fiber.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, you can fluctuate 3lbs in one day alone. Give yourself a break, you're going through some ****! Just make good eating choices and keep moving when you can.

Don't kill yourself over this. 3lbs can be gone in one day! Believe me, It happens to me all the time.

Three pounds a day? I can often weight 5 pounds more at night than in the morning.
  • Really?? OH well maybe I will be ok tomorrow then... possibly just a bad week.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Don't let yourself get too discouraged! Stick to your plan.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    you ate more than 10,000 calories over the weekend?
  • 10,000 calories? I went over by 126 calories on Sunday.... every other day im within the goal.
  • Im not going to fail... keep telling myself that and it seems to be working. Just so hard being stuck in the house not beng able to do fitness. Hopefully i will be back on y feet in a few weeks :smile:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    to gain 3lbs you'd need to eat 10,500 calories over maintenance. You probably just retaining water. Chill out. Weight fluctuates, it's normal. 3lbs really isn't all that bad. Hang in there.
  • Thankyou for the advice... Its nice when ppl on here are supportive :flowerforyou:
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    to gain 3lbs you'd need to eat 10,500 calories over maintenance. You probably just retaining water. Chill out. Weight fluctuates, it's normal. 3lbs really isn't all that bad. Hang in there.

yes that's why I asked. If you only ate 126 calories over what MFP has you set at, and your MFP goal is maintaining or losing (not gaining), then you didn't gain anything over the weekend. No worries, it's just scale fluctuations.