Hello Everyone!!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Kylie and I'm 24 years old from NY... I work full time and go to school full time at night, so my life is a little hectic right now, but here's my story..

I've always been a bigger girl and right now I'm at my second highest weight (180) and it makes me so uncomfortable, I'm to the point where I don't look in mirrors anymore, other than small ones when I do my hair and makeup. I started MFP about 9 months ago because I was going on vacation down to Nashville for 2 weeks. I did really good when I first started and lost about 20 pounds before I went on vacation. After I got back home, I kept going to the gym and eating right but then something happened and I got into a "funck" where I didn't want to go to the gym, I didn't care what I ate or anything.

I've recently joined a new gym and got a personal trainer that I work out with 2x a week plus I go to the gym by myself about 4x a week. I still find myself in a "funck" every once in a while where I don't go to the gym and I eat whatever and not care. It's weird because once I do go and workout, I feel great and I love it! I decided to start MFP again because my boyfriend is coming home from the NAVY in March and I want to impress him and I want him to be proud of me! He's already been gone a month, so I have 6 months until he's home and I want to be somewhere around 135-140. For my height (5'3) I read somewhere that the average weight of someone my height should be between 119-125 pounds, that's never going to happen and honestly I don't think I'd want to be that thin... I don't think I'd look right if I weighed 125.. So I'm looking for some guidence to help keep me on track for the next 6 months!

Replies

• Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Keep your eye on the goal and you will be fine. Also make sure you are ultimately doing this for you! Good luck!
  • Chls122
    Chls122 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Kylie! I get in the ruts too where all I want to do is sit on the couch and eat whatever the heck I feel like. I ended up losing about 20 pounds the first year of using MFP and then I gained almost all of it right back when I hit a low.

Now, I think I have finally found the balance for me. It's the 80/20 rule, so 80% of what I eat every day is 100% on track super healthy food, the other 20% is healthier alternative junk food (baked chips, organic refined sugar free cookies etc). And I completely cut out chemicals like artificial sweetener, pesticides, hormone filled meat.

And I found that when I was working out 7 times a week I was getting really burnt out and I felt my body not keeping up with the intensity level I had just a couple days prior. I have since cut back to three times a week, but hardcore intense workouts. (Like 45-60 min HIIT and 60 min Spin class) I found that I can actually feel myself getting stronger now which makes me feel motivated to keep it up.

Do you mind if I add you to my friend's list? I feel like we could keep each other motivated!
    I am also 5'3 and my starting weight two years ago was 153, I'm now down to 133, my original goal weight was 135 and I have since changed it to 120 (although I think that might be too thin for me, I'm going to keep up the strength/cardio workouts and see where my weight falls once I'm happy with the amount of definition I achieve)