Yet one more noob...

OU812
OU812 Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I retired out of the military recently. Of course it was great to not have to eat MRE's 3 times a day or do greuling physical work all day just becuase I can. In no time flat though I went from 196 lbs to 245 in just a few short months!!! Not cool!

All has not been lost though. In the last 12 months I have lost 55 lbs more or less just eating better, laying off the sodas and all the junk food. In the last 4 months I have started working out with weights and progressing fairly well. While I havent quit smoking I am down to just 5-6 a day thanks to the patch and I am hoping to kick that bad habit to the curb in the next couple of weeks. While that doesnt sound like much of an accomplishment when you consider that I was smoking about two packs a day...well you get the picture. In the last month or so I have added a bit of a aerobic work to my work outs. Looking to build up some wind for a change and to hopefully whittle off another 10 lbs and loose the last little bit of that gut that still remains.

Stumbled into to this site doing an internet search and was thinking that perhaps I might find a little more "spiritual enrichment" as I like to call it, to help me along the way. Hope to hang out here a bit and get some ideas and maybe share a few too. That pretty much sums it up...

Replies

• OU812
    OU812 Posts: 4
    I retired out of the military recently. Of course it was great to not have to eat MRE's 3 times a day or do greuling physical work all day just becuase I can. In no time flat though I went from 196 lbs to 245 in just a few short months!!! Not cool!

All has not been lost though. In the last 12 months I have lost 55 lbs more or less just eating better, laying off the sodas and all the junk food. In the last 4 months I have started working out with weights and progressing fairly well. While I havent quit smoking I am down to just 5-6 a day thanks to the patch and I am hoping to kick that bad habit to the curb in the next couple of weeks. While that doesnt sound like much of an accomplishment when you consider that I was smoking about two packs a day...well you get the picture. In the last month or so I have added a bit of a aerobic work to my work outs. Looking to build up some wind for a change and to hopefully whittle off another 10 lbs and loose the last little bit of that gut that still remains.

Stumbled into to this site doing an internet search and was thinking that perhaps I might find a little more "spiritual enrichment" as I like to call it, to help me along the way. Hope to hang out here a bit and get some ideas and maybe share a few too. That pretty much sums it up...
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Welcome OU :laugh: you've found a great place. Lot of good information and great tools. Make sure you put your starting weight under check-in in the edit feature. You can go back months in there and put in that starting weight to reflect all the work you've already done.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Hmmm....not so sure I can offer "spiritual enrichment" but I can throw something at you now and then. :smile:

Welcome!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Welcome! And GREAT job on the life change!
    :smile:
This discussion has been closed.