Detox for New Year?

Options
Is anyone doing a detox to begin the new year off right?

Replies

• kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing a detox to start the new year off but then thought I would struggle jumping straight into one after all the pigging out I've done so decided to ease into a healthy diet first and in a month or so then do a detox.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am doing ABSOLUTELY NO processed sugars for the enitire week (to crush the holiday sweets cravings) and upping my usual 10 glasses a day to atleast 12 (to flush all the holiday sodium). I can't do a complete detox bc I am starting my INSANITY on the 6th or 7th and can't go into it weak. Best of luck to you!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am going to ease into a detox so my body does not go into shock. What is the detox you are talking about?
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thinking the same thing.. I was REALLY interested in Alejandro Junger's 28 day cleanse but it sounds pretty intense. Definitely going to nix the processed/ refined foods and up the fruit and veggie smoothie intake. I bought a juicer years ago and have only used it once because it was so loud! But I think it's time to drag it out of hiding :)
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm considering a pescetarian lifestyle this year, kinda freaks me out all the chemicals and steroids that they use in meat, so I'll be transitioning into that. To start the new year though I'll be doing the Fat Smash phase 1 detox for 9 days.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    Advocare has a 10 day cleanse that I've heard great things about... Not to restrictive but everyone I know has loved it and lost a few lbs. too.....I want to do it but I think I will try the no processed foods for a week or so and then do the cleanse when I'm back into the swing of things.
  • blazin_j
    Options
    My detox for the new year is to cut back on hard liquor and go with lite beer instead. J/k!

Seriously, I share your concerns about meat, but realize there's always some dangers with fish, too. Specifically, some fish and seafood can have high levels of heavy metals, like mercury. Something to definitely consider if you're pregnant or planning to have kids.

Also, like you, I live on the Gulf Coast so who knows what effect the BP oil spill had on sea life. My advice is eat seafood, but do so conservatively and don't make it exclusively your diet, but that's only my opinion.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I"m going to do 3 days wheatgrass detox start tomorrow. Today I hang out with my extended family and had pizza.
    I'm going to juice wheat grass, veggies and fruits. It depends on how I feel I can switch from juicing to blending if I can't control the hunger.