Hi. Hi.

Options
My name is Mariah and I'm 23.

This is my second go-around on MFP, but for all intents and purposes my first attempt at healthy community-based weight loss (not that I abused MFP before...it's was actually WeightWatchers).
Looking for buddies and people with similar goals and interests. I don't really have a food philosophy right now as my main focus is continuing recovery from my Bulimia and Binge-Eating disorder. I started treatment five months ago and since I have been told I am doing well I decided to take the next step by exercising more to improve my mood, my self-image, and to also get back into shape.
I love food and cooking (I'm just working on my relationship with it). And I will try just about anything. I typically prefer hiking and yoga, but if I stay in Florida with my sister for the time being (which would not be so bad), I might have to start running as an alternative to hiking. Other than that I love dogs, unicorns, moustaches, robots...basically anything that is totally awesome. I've also recently gotten into seriously advocating for Mental and Emotional Health.

Peace. :)

Replies

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi I sent your a friend request we can all use some friends especially on here. :flowerforyou:
  • Squid4TRX
    Squid4TRX Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Daily logger and comment as often as I can when the schedule allows. Feel free to add me if you like and I wish you all the best as you continue your journey to a healthier you!
  • emackitchen
    emackitchen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Mariah!
    Having struggled through anorexia and bulimia myself, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm glad that you're doing well in treatment; that's really awesome! I hope that your experience here on MFP is a good one, and I hope you reach your goals.
    I sent you a friend request, so maybe we can support each other in this! :smile: