No more excuses!

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Jessica and I'm 19 years old.
I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Last spring, I got down to the lowest I've ever been (165lbs), and after starting a relationship with my current boyfriend, well, let's just say I've gained it all back and and was up to 190lbs(I'm at 189 currently. I lost a pound since starting my weight loss journey 3 days ago)
Anyway....the point is I'm tired of ALWAYS giving up, and I ALWAYS find some way to justify giving up, such as: "I don't need to be skinny", "my boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful and that's all that matters", "People come in different shapes and different sizes", etc...and you know what? I've been undeniably lying to myself, and I'm done with it! I have GOT to do this for MYSELF for good and stick with it! I want my body to transform into the healthy one it's meant to be! I want to love myself for once in my life and be able to look in the mirror and see a smiling face. Here's to 2011. Who is with me? Please friend me and don't be shy! I need the support I've never had before.
Good luck to all of you. Much love and peace.

Replies

• NjTex
    NjTex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I was 45 years old in the exact same situation. I did something a little more drastic in 2009 but it allowed me to make serious changes. I was 265 and decided enough was enough. I had gastric bypass. I am not saying that is the answer for everyone but it was for me. Before you go and judge my method let me tell you how I changed. I currently have a very strict diet. why? Cuz I like being healthy! I exercise 5-6 times a week and working on my first marathon in March. I am also getting ready to train for a body building competition. My suggestion from living unhealthy lifestyle for so long. Today, decide you are going to change one behavior. Perhaps no more soda at all. Perhaps change from white bread to whole grain only a few times a week. Make that a habit and go to the next behavior you want to modify. I only allow myself to eat out 1 time week. You have to evaluate your diet and see what is a "red zone" food for you and either eliminate or moderation. You look like youn are a beautiful girl. It is not about being thin. It is about being healthy!!!
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yr thinking along the same lines as me I want to be in my families life for as long as possible so losing the weight and maximising the healthy side is one way of doing it hopefully.
  • kericarey
    Options
    After having my son in September of 2009 I realized how unhealthy I was. I weigh 150 which is the highest i've ever been. I'm really not too concerned with how I look, but my main concern is my health. I used to eat 2 king size reeses and a dr pepper for breakfast! I need to be here for a while to raise this little boy. Make the decision to be healthy, not just to loose weight. Add me! :)
  • kericarey
    Options
    After having my son in September of 2009 I realized how unhealthy I was. I weigh 150 which is the highest i've ever been. I'm really not too concerned with how I look, but my main concern is my health. I used to eat 2 king size reeses and a dr pepper for breakfast! I need to be here for a while to raise this little boy. Make the decision to be healthy, not just to loose weight. Add me! :)
  • SunniGirl143
    Options
    I'm with ya sister! Here's to a new year! Message me if you'd like to exchange motivation or encouragement! Take Care & Best of luck!
    ~ Sunni
  • newrich
    Options
    This is my first attempt at anything like this, me being a guy always meant girls had to watch what they ate and us men could eat whatever, NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Everyone should be healthy, laziness is making our country unravel at the seams, and i am one of the worst, all day video games, smoke weed, never work out, I was 28 and 310 pounds, now im 31 and 260, and I lost the first 40 by just changing my diet, now that I am actually paying attention and watching I hope that by June I will be down to 220, and then they can call me LL Cool R...(Ladies love cool rich)