• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I lift barefoot.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    barefoot lifter for over 2 years

The only time I dropped a plate on my foot was when I was rearranging the home gym.
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Actually- you cannot submerge your feet in water for any length with a tattoo. water does carry bacteria, too.

>>in regards to the person who posted about doing aquatic workouts
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Remember- humans were never meant for shoes- lift shoe-less with caution. You'll be fine. and actually you may just heal faster than the projected 7 weeks. I healed completely in 3 weeks.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Look into a product called Landerm (they sell it on amazon). I still wouldn't recomend wearing shoes all day, but the landerm will protect your tattoo when you have to wear shoes. I would never think of healing a tattoo without Landerm no matter where it was placed.

ETA:
    There's a simlar product called Saniderm (I think) that they also sale on Amazon. I haven't tried it but it does seem to get good reviews. Landerm was the first one I tried and I thought it was great so I never bothered to try the other one. I don't remember which one was cheaper...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Remember- humans were never meant for shoes-
    :huh:
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    swimming. You can either swim laps, tread water, walk around the edge of the pool, or take an aquatics class. Great workout and isn't going to damage your new tat.

False.
    You're not supposed to submerge a new tat for a couple of weeks.

http://dermagrafx.wordpress.com/caring-for-your-new-tattoo/
    http://www.houstontattooparlor.com/tattoo-aftercare

^I could go on but I'm lazy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    swimming. You can either swim laps, tread water, walk around the edge of the pool, or take an aquatics class. Great workout and isn't going to damage your new tat.

yeah no- bad bad bad advice. please don't do this.

also 7-8 weeks? ??? I was back in the gym within a week- shoulder was sore- and was definitely tight- but not a crisis after it's closed up.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Biking in flip-flops or bare feet is no bueno. If you wipe out, you could catch your feet in the chain or spokes and get seriously hurt-- especially if you're riding at a pace for burning calories, 10MPH+.

I ride my stationary bike at 10mph barefoot and no chain/spoke worries. That's one option.

Exactly!!!! NO worries! I have done it several times as well
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You will be fine within 7-10 days. I had mine done and was back in shoes working 12 hours in the ED within 4 days. As long as you clean and cream regularly and dont pick its all good, mine healed beautifully