frustration of not losing

Options
Hello All,

I am 25 year old and I weigh 146lb. I am 5'5 and a pear shaped female. I have put on 20lbs since past two years. Last year being the worst. I ended up eating outside as I am working fulltime and commute to work 2 hours a day and I think my metabolism and genes aren't helping either. My goal now is to reduce to 125 in atleast 4 months because I am getting married in Jan. I am very determined and have been working out 4-5 days a week and also follow very strict diet. I try to run atleast 2-3 miles everyday and walk uphill on the days I am not running.I am doing this since 2 months now and I hardly see any changes

I was always thin earlier and recently due to this weight gain I feel very embarrassed to even meet my friends or pose for a picture. I am of tired of hearing - " Oh my god , you have put on " from people who havent seen me lately. I have completely lost my self confidence. As my wedding date is approaching I am left with just 4 months now to lose them all. I am very frustrated, Can some one tell me what is going wrong ?? Please dont tell me my weight loss goal is un-achievable.

Note : I have tried all of them (-low fat diet first) and then (-low carb diet later). Nothing has shown any outstanding results. Lately even if I eat outside, I just end up eating salad or salmon. No desserts at all. Very very less alcohol (May be once a month -1 glass of wine not more). No coffee or Tea. I do drink a lot of water and get enough sleep

Replies

• Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I see you're new to MFP...take a bit of time and do some reading on here. There are a lot of stickies that you will benefit from reading. Also, you'll probably do better in the food and nutrition section instead of the success stories thread,

You sound like you're working very hard. But weight loss is almost entirely from your food intake, although exercise helps. I highly recommend you start tracking your daily calories.,,you may be surprised by just what you've been eating.

At your age and activity level eating at a calorie deficit, and adding exercise to maintain muscle mass should get you to your goal. Losing 1.5 lbs/ week will get you to your goal, and should be attainable.

Good luck, and definitely go read some older threads and stickies. You're not alone, many have asked that same thing!
  • shiningstar14
    shiningstar14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I see you're new to MFP...take a bit of time and do some reading on here. There are a lot of stickies that you will benefit from reading. Also, you'll probably do better in the food and nutrition section instead of the success stories thread,

You sound like you're working very hard. But weight loss is almost entirely from your food intake, although exercise helps. I highly recommend you start tracking your daily calories.,,you may be surprised by just what you've been eating.

At your age and activity level eating at a calorie deficit, and adding exercise to maintain muscle mass should get you to your goal. Losing 1.5 lbs/ week will get you to your goal, and should be attainable.

Good luck, and definitely go read some older threads and stickies. You're not alone, many have asked that same thing!

Thank you so much. I used to take approximately 1280 calories. Thats what MFP showed me in the beginning.. I use to enter everything I ate for more than a month. I got pretty upset when nothing changed. Well honestly I have lost 4 lbs in two months. But I dont trust the weighing scale , its stupid ! It keeps fluctuating crazilly
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wanted to let you know I locked this as it violates the below policy.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!