To Drink or not to Drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Make it fit your calories and MACROs for the day and go for it.

Caution: You'll be eating less that day so the alcohol will effect you quicker and better.

Or eat normal with your beers/alcohol and even out the extra calories and carbs over the next day or two. (i.e. drink Friday, eat less on Saturday and Sunday).

It's not perfect math, as alcohol effects how your body metabolizes the food - but close enough that it won't smash your whole plan. At least doing it this way hasn't for me.
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    alcohol is poison, don't drink and treat your body better !
  • natalia_sv
    natalia_sv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In my opinion alcohol is not an option if you want to loose some weight. Plus you say you are not a heavy drinker and then you decide to reduce consumption, to drink only on the weekends. For me regular drinking during the week and weekends without any good reason like birthday party is heavy drinking.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can usually fit one drink in a day easily and still hit all my macros. It's weekends and events that throw me off! If you fit it in your calories and don't feel deprived from it replacing food, then who cares!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on my drinking, but haven't quit. Every other Friday I will drink some beer.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Don't quit drinking beer. Your life would suck. A lot.

I'm 5'11, 37, and weigh 177 lbs. I drink beer almost every day. The good stuff. Just don't drink 3 or 4 a night and you'll be fine.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't give up anything that you enjoy.
  • 3proud
    3proud Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I personally chose stella artois at 154 cals per 11.2 oz because it has a higher alcohol count at 5.2 %...taste is good and it isn't as high in calories as an ipa but isn't a "light" beer either.