Bake Sale at my school....

Options
So many reasonably priced treats...And it is here all week!

Going to avoid the table. Alternate routes...

I bought 1 monstrous brownie with Fluffernutter and about 1/4 of icing....I've eaten half and I am going to toss the rest...it was only $1!!!

Replies

• ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Story time.

I was at the grocery store and saw these gourmet chocolate bars - they come from a fancy chocolaterie that's locally owned and operated and they're opening a shop near my work. I'm curious about them, because they're $5 for a tiny bar (like, half a Twix). I figure they must be seriously good.

So I ask the cashier if she's tried them. She looks at me and says "it's not worth the half hour of work to buy".

"Fair enough."

She's right - it's a lot of money for a sweet treat. She doesn't need it and she knows there's better stuff for her to buy.

/storytime

So think of it in that way.

Sure, it's $1. Sure, it's on your way. But how much progress are you willing to stall (not reverse, because you are NOT going to let yourself do that) for a bite of a sweet treat? (Correct answer: None. It isn't worth it).

If you can't figure out how to work it into your caloric deficit, then remember that you don't need a sweet treat. That you are the master of your desires and you dictate the terms.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I could eat an entire bake sale.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

If you can't figure out how to work it into your caloric deficit, then remember that you don't need a sweet treat. That you are the master of your desires and you dictate the terms.

See I do have it in my calorie deficit, so not too worried about that for today. I just know that if I don't make sure I avoid it by taking alternate routes, I will buy more than I should.

And as another update, my professor bought snacks from them for the whole class:laugh: