bought a new diet pill, need advice about it

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I didn't say it was going to turn you into arnold. I only said these products will aid in raising your test.
    Not any more than if one worked out intensely. Take the correct path here. Don't fall for the broscience you hear from the gym. Being a natural bodybuilder competitively and dumping a ton of money on supplements when I did it, the COST didn't equal the actual gain. Most supplements (especially the cheaper ones) use cheap raw materials and purity and potency are suspect since most raw material is imported from places like China. There is no regulation in China, which is why a lot of supplements may have contaminants and how some athletes get flagged for illegal substances when they may not have been taking any.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you truly think you have low testosterone (and I disagree with whoever said that at the age of 23 you shouldn't need a testosterone booster) go to the doctor and get a blood test done to see where you are. If your testosterone is low they will prescribe either a cream or shots.
    Aww sue, he's 23 and obviously lifting. The likelyhood of a male with low testosterone (who isn't very overweight/obese or suffering from an actual health issue with testes) and under 30 years old isn't that high at all.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you have low testosterone supplement with DAA (D-Aspartic Acid), it's probably the main active ingredient in that nifty pill you just bought. Truth is you wont know you have low test until you get a blood panel done. Don't screw with your hormones. If your levels are where they need to be, screwing with them can really mess you up. You can get things like estrogen rebound and develop Gynecomastia and develop swollen breast tissue. Just one of many effects of screwing with your hormones. As a personal trainer I've seen it dozens of times.
    Yep. A guy I knew didn't want to do test, but took aromatase inhibitors. Correlative fractures seem to happen afterward where he never broke a bone before. There are studies show it may have an effect on the bones in males, but I don't think it's conclusive.

IDEA Fitness member
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The only legal pill that is going to make ANY STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT increase in testosterone is a designer steroid or prohormone. BUT, they are actual legitimate oral steroids and come will all the same risks. Only thing going for them is some of them are legal because it takes years for the Feds to ban them.

If it's not an anabolic steroid, save the $$$ and buy a preworkout, more food etc.

If it says "natural" or "booster" it's junk. The stuff that works aint "natural" "herbal, etc.

If you have low testosterone supplement with DAA (D-Aspartic Acid), it's probably the main active ingredient in that nifty pill you just bought. Truth is you wont know you have low test until you get a blood panel done. Don't screw with your hormones. If your levels are where they need to be, screwing with them can really mess you up. You can get things like estrogen rebound and develop Gynecomastia and develop swollen breast tissue. Just one of many effects of screwing with your hormones. As a personal trainer I've seen it dozens of times.
    Yep. A guy I knew didn't want to do test, but took aromatase inhibitors. Correlative fractures seem to happen afterward where he never broke a bone before. There are studies show it may have an effect on the bones in males, but I don't think it's conclusive.

IDEA Fitness member

Really makes you wonder about the thought process in these guys' heads. He probably felt like **** too. His joints probably creaked with every step.
  • davidworkzit
    Options
    i returned it. the smell was too much. i do honestly believe i have a testosterone deficiency (spelling?) for obvious reasons. thank you all for your concern, and for thoroughly answering the two questions that i specified.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    it's called HighT. It's a diet pill that is supposed to boost testosterone. I don't know how i feel about it, though. i havn't tryed any yet. the smell is very potent. it has a metallic scent, with a very strong smell of celery. when i say potent, i mean like, my whole kitchen smells like it, sometimes. but i guess scent isn't really important.

1.i was wondering has anyone tryed it, and if so, was it effective in making you feel like your testosterone was boosted?

2. are there any testosterone boosting products that you would suggest other than this one?

They are all junk. I'd return it if you can...

The only extreme cases where some of them might work slightly, is if you already have very low T to begin with. But at that point, any natural supplement, is only going to give you marginal benefits at best.

Save your money, invest it in good food, keep your 'saturated' fat intake at reasonable levels (great for hormone production) and lift hard and heavy. Best 'natural' testosterone booster there is.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6538617
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2796409
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8107546
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Garbage can