Cardio vs. Strength with Elliptical

Options
I recently just started a workout regimen where I put in an hour of cardio at the gym every day, usually on the elliptical. I know I should space the cardio up with strength training, but anyone know if I can get away with just turning the resistance up on the elliptical? I do 2min intervals with high and low resistance for 60min. Will that build muscle?

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    nopey noperson
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    no, nyet
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I think it would build a teeny bit in your legs eventually. It does not replace strength training.

Don't be afraid of weights making you look like a man. Unless you're already a man to start with, or start hitting up testosterone/steroids, it will never make you look like a man.
  • mah867
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys. Just added a half hour of strength exercises to my daily workouts. Hoping for results sooner rather than later :)
  • ElkOil
    Options
    Thanks for the answers guys. Just added a half hour of strength exercises to my daily workouts. Hoping for results sooner rather than later :)

What is your goal? What kind of results are you looking for?
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If you are asking if it will make your legs stronger if you turn up the resistance and gradually increase the amount of intervals at higher resistance over time, then yes you definitely will feel stronger. It is no replacement for typical free weight strength training though, I would call that two different types of strength. All depends on what your goals are.