Feeling Full

Options
Since I started faithfully tracking everything I eat I feel so full and it amazes me. I used to be so hungry at night about 2 hours after dinner. Instead I feel more satisfied (no hunger) at all! I can't believe that this is possible considering I used to eat dessert many nights before MFP. What gives?

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Since I started faithfully tracking everything I eat I feel so full and it amazes me. I used to be so hungry at night about 2 hours after dinner. Instead I feel more satisfied (no hunger) at all! I can't believe that this is possible considering I used to eat dessert many nights before MFP. What gives?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Your probably eating "real food" instead of the fatty empty calorie foods:tongue:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Same here! I know now since I'm tracking what I eat that I must have been consuming easy 3000 calories a day or more, and I was always snacking because I felt hungry.

Now, I eat so much less and never feel hungry! I think it's a combination of better more fulling foods and also I know that eating lots of carbs and/or sugar will make you want more of the same (Can't eat just one!).

Also, I think after a bit that our bodies learn to utilize the food we're eating better and more efficiently.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Another thing I was just thinking about, too, that I've noticed--

I'm sleeping alot less but have more energy and feel less tired! I used to sleep about 8-9 hours a night then take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. And was always tired. Now, even after only a 25 pound loss, I'm sleeping about 7 hours and only occasionally still take a nap but never for more than 1 hour when I do.