Net calories jumping around

Options
So one day I may do absolutely nothing. If I don't have work I may just laze around the house and not work out at all. That day I'll eat my goal of 1,200. Then others I'll do hours of exercise which can boost my calories up to around the 2,000 mark. Only in desperate times do I eat all my calories back, usually no more than half, but can these big jumps mess around with my weight loss or does it make no difference at all as long as I'm in defecit?

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Actually they can have a large impact on your weight loss your body HATES inconsistency which can help us in terms of muscle confusion but when it comes to daily intake and exercise consistency wins every time. Your body cannot build of maintain its metabolism because your intake isnt consistent therefore it is most likely storing a greater number of calories per day in order to preserve itself
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Chrisparadise , you confused me a little there. I thought recovery days with little or no exercise actually helped muscle development, backed by studies, yadda, yadda. Granted, some people alternate upper and lower body days.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a deficient, you will lose weight. Many people budget calories for the week and it haven't affected their weight loss.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Deficit = weight loss and TON'S of people do it by week. You're fine.