New member, new goal

Options
Hi!

I'm just starting to get serious about loosing weight. I started calories on some other site, but ran across this one and really liked the forum idea! I will definitely need some support and motivation from some others in the same boat.

My plan for now is mainly cutting calories...i'll be too busy to exercise until I graduate from grad school in may. I've developed this really bad habit of rewarding myself for getting things done (homework assignments, reading an article, etc) by eating chocolate. Any recommendations of non food-based reinforcements? Without adding exercise to my day, i'll only be allowed to eat 1,450 calories a day, so i'll need to be cutting extras everywhere! Please help!

Replies

• rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.....this site is fabulous. It is so easy to use and the people who use this site are postive motivating individuals who will push you in the right direction. I was blessed the day this site was recommended to me.

One place I started to get rid of extra calories was the beverages I was drinking before. I drink only water now when I am thirsty instead of grabbing a soda or whatever I drank before. It makes a huge difference. And for rewards......well I reward myself with a new fitness toy like an HRM watch, new workout sneakers, new work out DVDs, or exercise equipment. You just need to find what will work for you.

Good luck on your goals. I am sure you will accomplish them.
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I'm just started out again too, but in the past, when I was successful with losing weight, I rewarded myself with downloading iTunes songs, getting a massage, taking a bath, buying a new book, etc...
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • alisonst123
    Options
    I'm new here too! I'm so glad to have found a sight with a support community and such fanstastic tools to help with weight loss! Good luck everyone, I'm sure together we can all reach our goals!