Group weight lifting class

blondie1238
blondie1238 Posts: 182
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Any idea how you can log a group weight lifting class? I do an hour class twice a week, and it's impossible to keep track of what exercises and how many reps to log them. I see you can write in strength training under cardio, but considering that's not a cardio exercise, I'm at a loss...

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Generally using a heart rate monitor is best used for cardio workouts. However, you can give that a try. An hour of lifting can produce a 250-350 calorie burn for moderate intensity.
  • What about the "after burn", the trainer we used a while ago said that with weight training your burn for the next 24 hours (plus increase overall metabolic rate). Is there anyway to determine (if this is true) the after burn in calories?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    MFP has strength training listed under "cardio" for a guesstimate, but I also say get a HRM to be more accurate although weightlifting does not really burn up the cals like cardio on the HRM it shows its positives throughout the day!!!
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Any idea how you can log a group weight lifting class? I do an hour class twice a week, and it's impossible to keep track of what exercises and how many reps to log them. I see you can write in strength training under cardio, but considering that's not a cardio exercise, I'm at a loss...

Try this site: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calories.htm

This will help you estimate the calories you burned when you are lifting weights. I use this to estimate mine.

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks for the input, guys :)
This discussion has been closed.