Cardio or Situps for Abs?

Options
Ive been tackling ab development for what seems like forever, wtih no real success. I have a pretty big routine that tackles all part of my core and in total adds up to 30-45 minutes of training. Now Im running 30 minutes a day instead with a lower calorie intake of 1800 a day. Im exactly 6 ft at 160lbs. Am I going about this wrong or right?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    In your case, full-body strength training. Prioritize the major muscle groups (legs, upper back, chest) using compound lifts. It's best to follow a pro-designed program, instead of doing your own thing.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Bulk and cut for the next year and a half with big barbell lifts. Hit your macros everyday and be consistently lifting. That's it.
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    In your case, full-body strength training. Prioritize the major muscle groups (legs, upper back, chest) using compound lifts. It's best to follow a pro-designed program, instead of doing your own thing.
    jw what do u mean "in my case" and thx guys I'll look into those
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

I think that means in your case. Don't be so sensitive. :wink:
  • NagromXIV
    Options

I think that means in your case. Don't be so sensitive. :wink:
    Haha, It was actually a legit question, sry if it seemed like I was being sensitive xD I was wondering if he ment cause of my lower weight for my height. Cause Ive been thinking cardio and I dont have a caliper so Im not sure what my body fat is at
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    get a bod pod or hydro test done and you'll get your BF%.

I think though, at 160 and 6 ft... you're much a rail, no? A bulk/cut cycle or two (within reason) would probably get you more the aesthetic you seem to want.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Haha, It was actually a legit question, sry if it seemed like I was being sensitive xD I was wondering if he ment cause of my lower weight for my height.

Egg-zactly. Since you're "skinny fat", the fix is heavy strength training.. and of course eating correctly. If you were 100 pounds overweight, i'd tell you to prioritize cardio and a calorie deficit.

So which lifting program are you going with?
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Haha, It was actually a legit question, sry if it seemed like I was being sensitive xD I was wondering if he ment cause of my lower weight for my height.

Egg-zactly. Since you're "skinny fat", the fix is heavy strength training.. and of course eating correctly. If you were 100 pounds overweight, i'd tell you to prioritize cardio and a calorie deficit.

So which lifting program are you going with?
    I don't have one at the moment actually, again been soon my own stuff. I lost 50lbs with a huge deficit strictly cardio, that porbably caused skinny fat