Where would YOU go?

Options

Replies

• Terrappyn1
    Terrappyn1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Where my family is from.... Sicily.

So where would you go, OP? Somewhere in our galaxy?? :smile:

No one has even mentioned the country yet.

But I'll tell you.

I'd go to Pripyat.

Looks interesting. Can you go there for 2 weeks safely? I know the radiation is still pretty high in Chernobyl.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    All expenses? Leave right now?

Munich. It's Oktoberfest.

All expenses and leave when I want to?

Seychelles.

There is an Octoberfest going on right now in Helen, GA that is pretty epic.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    France, then Germany, then Italy, then the UK!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    if I don't have to work for 2 wks i'm staying here and spending qt with family and friends. not glamorous, but the most rewarding use of my free time. :blushing: unless I can take my mother. then we have some castles to see in Europe. :bigsmile:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'd see if I could take a cash option and stay home.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bora Bora, with a one day lay over in Italy???
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Budapest and Prague
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The Cinque Terre...
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Where my family is from.... Sicily.

So where would you go, OP? Somewhere in our galaxy?? :smile:

No one has even mentioned the country yet.

But I'll tell you.

I'd go to Pripyat.

Looks interesting. Can you go there for 2 weeks safely? I know the radiation is still pretty high in Chernobyl.

Well, no, you can't spend two weeks in Pripyat. But it is safe to go there for short periods of time, so long as you are careful. I'd use the remaining time to visit Auchwitz, and then I'd go to Iceland. But Pripyat is top of the list. There are still people working at the reactor in Chernobyl, they're building an arch over reactor 4 to contain the radiation, but they can only work for up to two weeks at a time and then they have to take two weeks off. But no one lives in Pripyat, and no one ever will again. Think about that.. there is a place on Earth where people once lived and now no one can live there again. It's not like other ghost towns that were just abandoned, that could still be inhabited again if people wanted to live there. I've heard different versions but apparently Pripyat will not be safe to live in for over 200 years.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Here
    giant photo
    or
    Riding around in this
    giant photo
    sorry huge pics!
    where is this?

My guess would be Forks, WA. Looks sorta like the Cullens house, and Jacob and Bella fixed up motor bikes together, and she drove an old '53 Chevy pickup. Sorry I'm still a bit of a Twihard lol

They are both from this blog about tiny houses and cabins not much info. But I would love to just go and relax in a cabin in the fall weather right now. http://smallandtinyhomeideas.com/
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    I would go to Germany or Japan. Germany for my heritage and Japan for the food!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    But it is safe to go there for short periods of time, so long as you are careful. But no one lives in Pripyat, and no one ever will again. Think about that.. there is a place on Earth where people once lived and now no one can live there again.

Have you seen 'The Zone'? I think that's what it's called. Freaky Russian (?) movie about bizarre happenings in an irradiated region, I think Chernobyl or someplace similar. I don't have open internet just now or i'd link it. if you haven't seen it yet you really, really should...
  • bioya40
    bioya40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Belize
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I could make a list, but at the top would be Argentina... no particularly special reason (other than maybe hiking the Patagonia region), but I've always wanted to go there.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options

Seychelles.

Ha ha I am in Munich right now (I live here) and I tell you what, you'd need big elbows to muscle your way into a beer tent to actually get a beer!

I'm an expert beer wench. I am sure I'll be fine.

Did it last year (sadly I paid). I managed to have plenty of beer with not so big elbows. :-) I think we got lucky. It wasn't what I expected excatly but a very memorable trip none the less (what I remember that is).
  • cycov
    cycov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would go to Barcelona, after seeing the 1992 Olympics I was hooked.
  • BookofJarom
    BookofJarom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What sullus said...
    I'd see if I could take a cash option and stay home.

Go skiing, waterskiing, jet skiing, etc.

...but not in the same day...either the skiing would be terrible or the water would be very cold...or both.
    :happy:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Seychelles.

Ha ha I am in Munich right now (I live here) and I tell you what, you'd need big elbows to muscle your way into a beer tent to actually get a beer!

I'm an expert beer wench. I am sure I'll be fine.

Did it last year (sadly I paid). I managed to have plenty of beer with not so big elbows. :-) I think we got lucky. It wasn't what I expected excatly but a very memorable trip none the less (what I remember that is).

<doing it wrong> It's pretty easy to get tickets to the VIP galleries - after all it's all expense paid.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    An African safari..to take pictures of the animals before the elephants and rhinos become extinct!
  • Vortex_ConQueso
    Options
    wp3.jpg