Spending spree suggestions? :)

iwannawearatutu
iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm treating myself to a bit of a New Year shopping spree - on fitness stuff! :) My online shopping cart contains two pairs of dumbbells to round out what I have, two Jillian Michaels DVDs (30 Day Shred and Shred it with Weights), and a 10 lb kettlebell.

I'm kind of feeling like getting one more thing, since I talked myself out of the Reebok Easy Tones... I overpronate and it seems to likely I'll roll an ankle.

Any suggestions on what to spend around $20-$30 on? I'm thinking something that would be good for sort of sneaking in a little more muscle-building, like maybe an exercise ball to use at my desk, or some sort of other core-engaging thing?

I'm open to any suggestions though - not a HRM though, I already have one. :)

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Get a foam roller.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3407871

I have the GoFit one.. its #11 on the page. It comes with a short DVD demonstrating how to use it for a couple basic stretches. Your body will seriously thank you.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Definitely avoid the Easy Tones - They are bogus and will not tone your legs any more than normal walking/running, so just hit the pavement and work hard!

Foam rollers are awesome if you are a runner, or if you use elliptical style machines frequently. Great for stretching and very relaxing!

What about an annual subscription to a fitness magazine? It will give you new ideas every month for switching up your routines and trying new exercises, and it will be a regular reminder of the commitment you made to yourself this year :smile: Besides, who doesn't love a little light reading?

That's all I've got - If you are interested in building lean muscle, you can do without any real equipment. Body weight training is really effective, free, and easy! And it's also less likely to cause injury. Good luck!

Meag
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    get a yoga mat....start doing some simple yoga moves...great for strength and flexibility :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    yoga mat and stability ball
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I too was going to say yoga mat. I do the 30-day shred and I like to wear a tight tank top for that, because you do some mountain climbers type moves and if I am wearing a regular shirt it rides up my back. So maybe a form fitting tank top as well.
  • Postage to send all that stuff to MEEEEEEEEEE! :bigsmile: Love you, Betsi!
  • I'd definitely advocate the stability ball as well (even just using it vs a comp chair and little things like that make a difference, hehe) - and resistance cords are excellent! Fitness magazines mentioned above are good as well. Sometimes when I'm lacking motivation I page through Self, or Shape, and get inspired again :)
This discussion has been closed.