Inches lost along the way

Options
Fit2_T
Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
I started my weight loss journey the first week of June. The first week of July I took my measurements. I measured myself today and here are the results.

Waist (@ belly button) was... 47 inches.....................Now... 38 1/2 inches
Hips was... 48 1/2............................Now... 41 1/2 inches
Chest was... 46 1/2............................Now... 40 1/2 inches

By my calculations that is 21 1/2 inches gone.

I'm so excited about the inches lost! I would recommend anyone starting on this journey to take measurements. :smile:

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! I've lost nearly 16" in just 60 days! Def. worth taking :)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree! I really wish I had of been taking measurements when I started this last year. I've only lost about 22 lbs but everyone says I look like I've lost more (40+) due to how much I've toned & firmed along the way. I recently started taking measurements a few months ago and my thigh started at 27 1/2" at the thickest part (just below hip) and are now 24 1/2" each! Since September, I lost 3" off each thigh! That counts for more than what the scale says since it doesn't know how much fat I'm losing compared to how much muscle I'm building :happy:
    Something else I wish I had of done, was take pictures each month so I could "see" the comparisons and changes; instead, I've been slowly fitting back into my old size S tops, size 9 pants/skirts and M sweatpants & workout gear :smile: Big change from XL/L tops & bottoms and almost size 15 pants/skirts!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You must feel like a million bucks! You're doing great!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thanks Alioth!

Good job Skinnyby29! 16 inches is a fantastic loss.

Rynatat - losing 22 pounds is awesome! You look great in your picture and I bet you feel great too!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Thanx, Fit. I still "think" of myself as big, until I put on something that I think will be too small or tight and it turns out to fit just right or be too big:wink: It is a great feeling to know we''re getting healthier the right way :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!