chicken breast

sarahbeara1218
sarahbeara1218 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi,
I found a great recipe for a broccoli casserole type thing that is about 81 cal a serving. I have some chicken breast in the freezer that I was thinking about making to go with it. Any low cal recipes for chicken breast that I can either cook on the stove or bake?
Also basic ingredients would be great as I am hoping not to have to buy much to make this for dinner.

Thanks!

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    I would poach the chicken breast (simmer on the stove for about 20 minutes, depending on how high the heat is and how thick the chicken is), and throw it into the casserole!
  • you can cube the chicken, season with your favourite mix and wrap it in a tinfoil pocket. Bake at 350 for about 25 mins. Just watch the sodium in whatever spice mix you use.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    You could use some low sodium low fat or fat free chicken broth to cook the chicken in and then put it in the casserole. Will you share the recipe? :smile:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Great idea, Julie! Packet cooking is great and saves time on cleanup. :smile:
  • sarahbeara1218
    sarahbeara1218 Posts: 8 Member
    I found the recipe on 400caloriesorless.com
    I think it is on the 2nd page or so..

And thanks for all the ideas!
  • I bake 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts at a time and put them in the fridge. Then I cut them up/cube them and put them in bean soup, broccoli and rice, etc.

Good Luck!

Mary
This discussion has been closed.