Totally freaked! Stretch marks and losing weight!

Options
Hey everyone I'm emzy. I've seen several topics on this subject already but I'm totally freaked and just want some support. I've lost 6 pounds as of writing this and have noticed that today to the left of my belly button I have 3 stretch marks and some teeny tiny ones around them (very tiny ones). The stretch marks aren't huge but I've never had any on my belly before only the insides of my thighs from my weight gain a few months ago. I've notived a few little new ones that have formed on my thighs but I'm not too worried about those. It's just the ones on my tummy. I'm 22 years old and don't have kids. I feel kinda down from this new discovery and am just wondering how you guys who've had this happen handle it. This is my first time dieting and actually losing weight so this is all new territory for me. Any advice or support would be soooo very much appreciated ????
Thanks guys

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks won't come from LOSING weight, they are what happens when the skin gets bigger (gains) weight faster than it can grow. You've had these, but just haven't noticed.

While you can't make them go completely away, a good lotion such as Bio-Oil or Palmer's may help them be less intense :)
  • jc_0324
    Options
    You don't have to have children to have stretch marks. I was thin all my life (prior to my 40's) and I had stretch marks in my early 20's just from gaining and losing 5 lbs! It depends on the elasticity of the skin.

The strange thing is, when I finally did have children, I never got stretch marks on my stomach, weird eh?

Now I'm approaching 50 and I still have them on my legs, less intense but they're still there.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It is what it is and there they are. I never got them when I had children, or on my belly for that matter. Insides of thighs and that was from some time in my youth.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    You will find a lot of people have stretch marks - MY SELF INCLUDED : )

AND??? Thin lines on your skin.... SO???

What would you rather be bigger with no stretch marks, or the weight you want to be with some lines over your hips/stomach/boobs etc.

All part of being a lady I say!!!!!

Learn to love them - I have!!!!!!!

You can get creams/oils/treatments at spa salons/derma rollers/laser treatments etc to lighten them