I'm Hungry :(

Options
I'm a little annoyed. I can't seem to keep my mind off of food right now. So far I've eaten:

2cups Cherrios/Milk
1 String cheese
1 90cal Special K bar
1 Lean Pocket (Turkey, Cheese, Broccoli)
15cups of water

This all occurred between 9am and now (almost 5pm) I don't get out of work until 7:30pm, and only have 1 more snack left :((

Should I be changing what I eat to more suit how long my day is? I still have 750cal left for the day because of all the exercise >_< Grr. But for now, all I can think about is fooood.

Replies

• katwood39
    Options
    How about more fruits and raw veggies for snacks. Just a suggestion, hope it helps. Keep your chin up.
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    Maybe you should eat a cereal that has more fiber in it in the morning. Also, make sure your cereal bar has a good amount of fiber in it too. That would make you feel fuller, longer.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Do sit-ups, crunches, push-ups or all three. After exercising you won't feel hungry anymore but if you do then you've earned a little snack. Also, drink lots of water.
  • Chgogal1
    Options
    Maybe you should be including fruit in your snacks. Fruit has more fiber and this is more filling. I would skip the Special K Bar since that is probably too much sugar anyway and substitue fruit. Good luck.
  • polido54
    polido54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get so hungry when I eat cereal for breakfast. My nutritionist said that it helps to eat more protein. She has me eating a carb at each meal, but proteins are what will make you feel satisfied longer. Eggs are good. I liek making omelettes which two egg whites and one whole egg. Then I add in lots of veggies and 1/4 cup 50% reduced fat cabot cheese. I put it on a small tortilla with salsa. That last me a lot longer than when I eat cereal. But just remember proteins help.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i think the types of food you've listed today are just not filling enough.

a string cheese? thats awful.

and i also think nutrition bars are not any good either.

like what was said earlier, eat stuff with fiber. a bowl of raisin bran vs a bowl of cheerios will probably make a big difference for you.
  • Larry7995
    Options
    eating a banana satisfies me for a while
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can take a look at some other people's food diaries and see what they are eating, that seems to keep them going? I do that occasionally, to give myself ideas.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Ah yes... the everlasting craving for food. So familiar to me... even when I am full, all I can think of is what my next meal is going to be and when, and then I stare at the clock. How do I deal with it? Here are some tips that may help:

- eat small meals every 3-4 hours (I usually tell myself the next time I eat, and stick to it. No matter what.)
    - plan meals a day ahead (I try to fill in the journal for the next day the evening before) - and stick to the plan -
    - do some sort of activity to take your mind off food. Food is often times a source to combat boredom. Since you're at work, take a restroom break, or just go walk around the building. You can also read, browse the web (I look at lolcats...srsly... it works). At home, work out, watch TV, read etc.
    - commit to not do anything else while you eat. Many of us like to have snacks while we're at work or watching TV, playing games or reading. If you commit to only eat during your scheduled meal time, you will end up telling yourself "it's not time to eat, yet", and you can sort of force yourself to not think about food.

I would say drink water, but hey, looks like you're doing pretty well with that. I am currently getting my mind off food with a very strong cup of coffee. I know it's caffeine, and some may not recommend it, but I killed my appetite with it.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Stay away from lean pockets and string cheese they are a lot of empty calories and anyone would feel hungry if that is all they ate
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    at a quick glance it doesn't look like you are getting many foods that are high in fiber or protein....these items will help you feel satisfied longer so that you aren't always hungry....
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi. We will have days like this. Remember that one day at a time is what will help us through. Use now to get back on track. Make the most of the important calories and balance your water intake. Sometimes boardem will cause us to lose our train of thought.
    Have a good night!!
  • 0ssum_Bl0ss0m
    0ssum_Bl0ss0m Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It looks like others have already suggested: Fiber and protein!

I find that it's hard to get all my fiber so I take a supplement before breakfast to help me feel full longer. Good luck!!!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I had a day like that yesterday. My stomach literally growled all day long. I put more protein and fiber in today and I am doing much better. Hang in there!