Cupcake: 1, Me: Zero

CarolHudson11
CarolHudson11 Posts: 372
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am on the treadmill today for the first time - I've got my TV on the Alabama/Michigan State game, and I'm doing really well. I started the C25K today and was pushing myself right along. I'm so excited. Until this girl who weighs about 25 lbs. comes in, gets on the elliptical right beside me, starts going at like 50 mph and makes it look EASY, then turns on the TV in front of her. Before you know it I'm not watching my football game anymore - I'm watching Cupcake Wars on Food Network. Really? She couldn't pick another machine? We were the only two in the whole building. There were other machines. I wanted to punch her in the throat! :laugh: I'll be doing my running on the road Monday morning. No TVs or cupcakes there!

Replies

• Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Hahhahahaha, Carol what is a C25K?
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Hang in there! My secret - running while its still dark so nobody can see how slow I am! LOL

C25K was a Godsend for me, so best of luck!!!
  • TLRAAB
    TLRAAB Posts: 16
    Hey I saw an episode the other day where someone made a TUNA cupcake if you can believe that! So the next time you think about cupcakes, think TUNA. If that doesn't turn your stomach - well, at least tuna is healthy! :laugh:
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    How rude :(

Makes for a good story though :) Keep up the gym work!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    LoL I guess I am "one of those" too. I was reading my Food Network mag while doing card at the gym today. Sorry!!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    C25K (Couch to 5k) is a program to ease couch potatoes into running a 5k marathon. I am on week 4 and I love it! If you watch your calories and stick to the program and add some strength training, you will start losing and noticing a change in your body and mind. Just remember not to push too hard or do more than you are ready for, or you will find yourself injured and stuck not being able to do anything. Good luck!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Oh ok, interesting... Thanks! :)
  • C25K (Couch to 5k) is a program to ease couch potatoes into running a 5k marathon. I am on week 4 and I love it! If you watch your calories and stick to the program and add some strength training, you will start losing and noticing a change in your body and mind. Just remember not to push too hard or do more than you are ready for, or you will find yourself injured and stuck not being able to do anything. Good luck!

Beat me to it! <3 Oh, and protect your knees!!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Hey I saw an episode the other day where someone made a TUNA cupcake if you can believe that! So the next time you think about cupcakes, think TUNA. If that doesn't turn your stomach - well, at least tuna is healthy! :laugh:

OMG I saw that one too. ALL I could think was EWWWW. Love tuna.....but in a cupcake???? NOT!!!!!!!!

For me...seeing it on TV does not bother as seeing it in front of me. Maybe I am a little weird but I even have a box mix of brownies in the cupboard and that box has been there about 6 months.

Just be careful outdoors. I wanted to go for a walk today but it is starting to ice up. Then again....are you some place warm?
  • That is an awesome story! Thanks!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Ok, it's not funny, but it really is. You have a special place in my heart for wanting to punch that girl in the throat because I want to do this to people daily. The machine thing is just like men with urinals. There should be rules! If possible, put space between yourself and other people. Why is that so hard to do? This is why I don't go to a gym. And what the heck is 'cupcake wars'? I love c25k, by the way. I have just finished week 6 and am running a 5k at the end of this month. It's great stuff.
  • LoL I guess I am "one of those" too. I was reading my Food Network mag while doing card at the gym today. Sorry!!

You are forgiven! LOL!
  • Hey I saw an episode the other day where someone made a TUNA cupcake if you can believe that! So the next time you think about cupcakes, think TUNA. If that doesn't turn your stomach - well, at least tuna is healthy! :laugh:

OMG I saw that one too. ALL I could think was EWWWW. Love tuna.....but in a cupcake???? NOT!!!!!!!!

For me...seeing it on TV does not bother as seeing it in front of me. Maybe I am a little weird but I even have a box mix of brownies in the cupboard and that box has been there about 6 months.

Just be careful outdoors. I wanted to go for a walk today but it is starting to ice up. Then again....are you some place warm?

I'm in Alabama. It's not exactly warm, but I could run outside except for the face that we got monsoon-like rain today. And tuna cupcakes sound NASTY! lol
  • revphillips
    revphillips Posts: 19 Member
    Love it :D Love the story - thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.