Peanut butter

Options
So when my boyfriend left for a 1-month business trip this Sunday (:sad: ) he left me with two open nearly full jars of peanut butter. Why he opened both of them, I don't know. But over the last 4 days, I finished one of them. I was looking at my food log wondering why I was 64 grams over on fat, and - duh! - I had 4 servings of peanut butter today, each with 16 grams of fat! I had peanut butter alone for both breakfast and lunch. Yucky.

So I threw out the other one. Just chucked it out. It's not even that peanut butter is a trigger food for me - but if I had bread and jam around it sure would be. It's just that peanut butter is very concentrated energy. Maybe that's why psarro's friend's trainer banned peanut butter from her diet? Think about it: peanut butter has almost as many calories as butter itself!

So I hereby ban peanut butter from my apartment. (Imagine smiley face with wig and gavel here.)

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    So when my boyfriend left for a 1-month business trip this Sunday (:sad: ) he left me with two open nearly full jars of peanut butter. Why he opened both of them, I don't know. But over the last 4 days, I finished one of them. I was looking at my food log wondering why I was 64 grams over on fat, and - duh! - I had 4 servings of peanut butter today, each with 16 grams of fat! I had peanut butter alone for both breakfast and lunch. Yucky.

So I threw out the other one. Just chucked it out. It's not even that peanut butter is a trigger food for me - but if I had bread and jam around it sure would be. It's just that peanut butter is very concentrated energy. Maybe that's why psarro's friend's trainer banned peanut butter from her diet? Think about it: peanut butter has almost as many calories as butter itself!

So I hereby ban peanut butter from my apartment. (Imagine smiley face with wig and gavel here.)
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Peanut butter is totally one of those foods for me that i have to measure or I will end up eating a whole jar. it is just so yummy! Okay I am going to go not think about peanut butter...
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    i love peanut butter. I try to moderate it by having a tablespoon of it with an apple regularly. But, yes, there are times I want to eat the whole jar with a spoon. lol

Sounds like a good plan to get rid of it. Trigger foods are evil things.
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    I rarely eat peanut butter because it is the number one food they try to give anorexics to fatten them up. Good enough reason for me to stay away from it!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    bingo! i barely eat it for that reason alone. i love almonds tho, and i find myself wanting to eat a ton of those at once which is a ton of fat!
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    Dont forget that nuts are good for you too. Yes they are high in calories, but you should incorporate them into your diet. All types of nuts have different health benefits. Some help your brain, eyes, heart, cardiovascular health etc. Some stores have almond butter which is still high in cals but better for you than peanut butter. Also look for peanut butter that doesn't have added sugar.