Wii Boxing

alyssa83202
alyssa83202 Posts: 334
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I went in to do day 2 of 30 day shred so I put the dvd in my wii and it wouldn't read the disc so I decided to try wii boxing instead and I LOVED it! Before I knew it 30 minutes had flown by and it felt like a great work out! It was also really fun and kept pushing me because I wanted to win! I think I'm going to keep doing this because it was so much fun and it really kept me going! Anyone else out there enjoy wii boxing?

Replies

• teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I just bought the Gold's gym cardio, which is a boxing game. Once I opened up everything I had a blast. It really is a good workout and makes me work harder to make sure I pivot right and throw my punches right. Enjoy your Wii and hope your disc will read right for you soon.
  • Good idea! Might have to give that a try, especially since the tv doesn't hit back.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Always amazed at how much my shoulders/back hurts after I play that. Def not muscle groups I use a lot. Fun stuff. I like the step one too. I found some platforms that will raise the balance board up. :)
  • I can see it now, I get too close and punch a hole in my 61" DLP.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I LOVE Wii Boxing! I have Wii Fit Plus and do the Rhythm Boxing on that all of the time. I'm thinking of getting Gold's Gym (that someone else mentioned) because I love the boxing so much! It really is a good arm workout!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Gold's Gym is definitely a different workout, just on the beginner level alone, it 13 mins of boxing. 6 mins straight then a break then another 6 or 7 minutes depending on what you chose. You can work your punches, jabs, uppercuts, and so forth. I think you will enjoy it. I just don't like that it makes you work on your stance too. But hey, that's part of boxing too.

I haven't hit the TV yet, but my husband moved stuff around when he was watching me to ensure I didn't hit the TV.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I have not done for a few weeks but LOVE Rythmn Boxing on Wii. I do in conjunction with Free Run and some strength exercises for an excellent workout too.

Just thought about it and the one I am doing is part of Wii Fit Plus - not sure if there is just a Wii boxing game that you may be talking about.
  • I have not done for a few weeks but LOVE Rythmn Boxing on Wii. I do in conjunction with Free Run and some strength exercises for an excellent workout too.

Just thought about it and the one I am doing is part of Wii Fit Plus - not sure if there is just a Wii boxing game that you may be talking about.
    I'm just doing the boxing that comes with the wii sports game! I haven't tried the others yet.
  • I love the wii and wii boxing. I pretty much don't do anything else but the wii.
    868001.png
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Gold's Gym is definitely a different workout, just on the beginner level alone, it 13 mins of boxing. 6 mins straight then a break then another 6 or 7 minutes depending on what you chose. You can work your punches, jabs, uppercuts, and so forth. I think you will enjoy it. I just don't like that it makes you work on your stance too. But hey, that's part of boxing too.

I haven't hit the TV yet, but my husband moved stuff around when he was watching me to ensure I didn't hit the TV.

Good to know... I can get through the Expert level of Rhythm Boxing on Wii Fit about 1 1/2 times before I want to quit (and then can still finish the 2nd round out while hoping it is ending soon)... so it sounds like the Beginner level on Gold's Gym may be the next level up for me. I think I may try to rent and see if I like it...it is pretty cheap to buy too so that is a plus!
  • I love the boxing on the Wii Fit Plus and doing the step routines. I do boxing with my fitness class, it's great fun and very cathardic to hit as hard as possible into the bag!
This discussion has been closed.