Biggest Loser or Just Dance for Wii

emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Havent tried either but thinking of it but something to do to stay active on my rest days from running.
Has anyone tried? How does it work? Do you like it?

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    I LOVE Just Dance. I got it for Christmas and can't get enough. I've never tried Biggest Loser so I can't speak on their behalf, but Just Dance is ton-o-fun
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Don't have TBL one but have just dance 2 and it's a blast. :)
  • emmaleigh47
    How does Just Dance work for the Wii? Do you hold the remote -- or use the balance board?
  • greatsteelersgirl
    greatsteelersgirl Posts: 43 Member
    I have the classic Biggest Loser for Wii and I'm telling you, it's quite a workout. There is a ton of different options, from just choosing single workout moves or joining in on a 12 week program. It's intense and fun. :D
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Hi there! I have both Just Dance games b/c they were on sale on Amazon before Christmas. I like them both quite a bit although Just Dance 2 has a "just sweat" option where you just do song after song until you reach a certain number of "sweat points". I did Just Dance 2 today after a gym workout and still had my heart rate monitor on. It seemed like I burned about 20 calories per song so not a great workout but something fun to do on an off day or after a workout for an extra boost.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Oh and you hold the remote- no balance board :)
  • I have both and they are pretty different. If you are just wanting something fun to keep you active, then Just Dance 1 or 2 is great for that. Biggest Loser on the other hand is a major workout and offers a lot more than Just Dance. You can set weight loss goals and have weekly weigh ins. It has a calorie tracker and gives you daily goals to become more healthy. You use the balance board, but you can also do it without if you don't have one. You can pick your trainer and put in all your stats. I don't have the newest Biggest Loser Challenge, though, I have the older one. So if you want a more intense workout than Biggest Loser would be good. Or if you just want something light, Just Dance is for you. Hope this helps. I really want to get Zumba for Wii, but it seems to be sold out everywhere! :( If you have any specific questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you!
  • emmaleigh47
    Thanks alot! I ordered them both - plus Gold Gym Dance game or something close to that.

Plus I got a pull up bar and a set of resistance bands for when I started P90X on 2-14 :)

I am feeling fit and fabulous!!

Husband is going to move the Wii downstairs -- and make a little fitness area for me!
    So when I come home I will be able to play the games!!
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    I see just dance on youtube, were they show a few choice songs, i tryed it and had fun with it, and worked up a sweat in no time. How many caleries do you burn on just dance, this site doesnt recognise it as exercise???
  • emmaleigh47
    I dont know, but I figured I could wear my heart rate monitor and it would tell me.
    I will update when I figure it out...
This discussion has been closed.