What to drink for breakfast?

Options
Hey all,

Typically my breakfast consists of fruit (berries, apple or banana), 2 eggs, maybe a slice of bacon or multi grain toast or oatmeal. But my biggest issue is what to drink with breakfast? I don't like coffee and other hot drinks, I don't like orange juice and my husband won't drink anything other than cranberry juice cocktail which is useless. So that leaves me with milk or apple juice. The 8 oz of no sugar added apple juice take up half my sugar allotment for the day. So I'm looking for suggestions... what do you all drink with your breakfast?

My friend is a trainer and she told me that breakfast needs to be my main meal of the day especially since I work out in the mornings so I don't want to replace it with a quick smoothie.

Thanks!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 large glasses of water!
    Wakes me up and hydrates me beautifully!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Water (with or without flavoring)? Unsweetened almond milk?
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I love me some green tea with honey
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you don't do coffee or tea, I would do just water.
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Green tea and water :)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The sugar on MFP is set really low and many people here don't bother staying under it unless there's a medical issue present. If you have the calories for it, drink the apple juice if you want it. If I have enough calories, I like milk, but I don't do breakfast typically. Also, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is a myth. Eat whenever you want.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon in it, delicious, green tea, or buy a juicer and make a fresh juice.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a trick question. Why are your only options milk and juice...and not water?

If you're drinking apple juice, you may as well be having a Coke with breakfast if you prefer it.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Cold-brewed coffee with chocolate almond milk added.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hot water with a slice of lemon
    Herbal flavoured teas
    Green tea/ Peppermint tea
    Water
    Smoothies
    Protein shake
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I usually have a diet coke with breakfast. It seems to work fine for me.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Being from the South, I generally have water or unsweet iced tea for breakfast, lol. If you want to avoid all the caffeine, you can get decaff.
  • mariaeli93
    mariaeli93 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i usually eat natural yogurt (no flavor) with amarath and flax seeds. i also add in some quinoa and it feels me fuullllll for hours! love it. my mother in law told me to eat this for breakfast and its helped me tonnnsss. good luck :)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I usually have a diet coke with breakfast. It seems to work fine for me.

I feel better now because this was my answer, too. Coke Zero is my "coffee." :laugh:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    g136544672377954463.jpg
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Typically my breakfast consists of fruit (berries, apple or banana), 2 eggs, maybe a slice of bacon or multi grain toast or oatmeal. But my biggest issue is what to drink with breakfast? I don't like coffee and other hot drinks, I don't like orange juice and my husband won't drink anything other than cranberry juice cocktail which is useless. So that leaves me with milk or apple juice. The 8 oz of no sugar added apple juice take up half my sugar allotment for the day. So I'm looking for suggestions... what do you all drink with your breakfast?

My friend is a trainer and she told me that breakfast needs to be my main meal of the day especially since I work out in the mornings so I don't want to replace it with a quick smoothie.

Thanks!

Have you tried Kefir milk? It's like a liquid form of yogurt. There is a lot of protein, probiotics, and it tastes good. Otherwise, I like to drink Chai Tea with my breakfast, although that is a hot drink. I don't know if you've ever tried it.
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Take the berries that you already allot for in your breakfast and put them in a blender with some unsweetened almond milk - delicious, healthy and you will have a drink! Also, you will only add 30 calories with a cup of unsweetened almond milk :)

If you want to change things up a bit, add flax seed or chia seed to the mix.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks!
    Why are you worried about sugar? Unless you have a medical condition it's not worth worrying about. If it fits into your calories don't worry. Also MFP set it ridiculously low anyway. Also this breakfast main meal of the day is just rubbish. Eat the meals you want in the way you want. If you want breakfast to be the main meal thats fine but if not don't worry. Do what works for you. Meal timing has no effect on overall weight loss so just do what works for you and never listen to a trainer on diet advice as they're full of more myths then the big book of Greek Myths
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna agree with water.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Thanks!

I don't eat breakfast.
    The first meal of the day for me, is post workout.