should i be getting more proietn?

Hello.

MFP has my protien goal set as 90, most days im on or just under it and on some days im a bit over it (like todays meals will put me at 12 over the 90)

is 90 enough? is yes, is it bad if i go over it? or is it ok to go over on it?

I eat alot of chicken, sandwich turkey slices and lean steak mince. as well as tones of broccilli amoungst other stuff but these are my main staples.

fyi: sw: 101.9kg
cw: 95.6kg (last weighed in a week ago trying not to weigh in again for 2 weeks)
hight: 5"4
and im female (just incase you cant tell by my profile pic lol)

thanks in advance for any input :flowerforyou:

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    MFP actually sets protein goals fairly low. There's no harm in going over 90g unless you have a medical reason not to.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    MFP actually sets protein goals fairly low. There's no harm in going over 90g unless you have a medical reason not to.

nope, no medical reasons.

as you say MFP sets it on the lower side would i be better off going over most days anyway?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I definitely should be.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    I go over every single day and don't see a problem with it.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    I definitely should be.
    resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-see-but-when-i-do-it-s-what-you-did-there-20d287.jpg \m/
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member

nope, no medical reasons.

as you say MFP sets it on the lower side would i be better off going over most days anyway?

Protein is important for muscle preservation, especially when eating at a deficit and exercising. A figure of 1g per lb of lean body mass is often recommended, especially for people who are strength training. I aim to get at least 120g per day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    I have my protein set higher and I'm your height.
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    I don't seem to have an issue with going over on my Protein or Fiber... I just try to stay within my guidelines for calories, fat, and sodium...
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    That is more than enough. Most people eat too much ... it's not healthy to eat as much protein as some do, unless you want damage to your kidneys, liver, bones and heart. There's no such thing as a protein deficiency unless you are starving.

Must read:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2004nl/040100puproteinoverload.htm
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    That is more than enough. Most people eat too much ... it's not healthy to eat as much protein as some do, unless you want damage to your kidneys, liver, bones and heart. There's no such thing as a protein deficiency unless you are starving.

Must read:

https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2004nl/040100puproteinoverload.htm

Aaaaaaaand here we go again ...
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Thanks everyone xx