Mac & Cheese Recipe

Options
Some_Watery_Tart
Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
6 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 - 4 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese (Do not buy pre-shredded! Shred it yourself or it won't melt right!)
1 cup sour cream
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup (you can leave this out and add extra sour cream or half and half and a little more salt)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)

Boil the macaroni and set aside--don't rinse! In large saucepan, combine butter (cut into slices) and shredded cheese and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and smooth. Add sour cream, half and half, soup, salt, mustard, and pepper. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth again. Remove from heat, stir in macaroni. Serve garnished toasted breadcrumbs and/or bacon bits.

Total time: around 45 minutes. This will easily feed 12 HUNGRY adults as a stand alone dish.

Replies

• _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but Kraft Mac & Cheese takes me about 15 minutes to prepare...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Get a woman to make it for you. It goes great with a sammich. There's a turkey sammich recipe floating around here somewhere.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Get a woman to make it for you. It goes great with a sammich. There's a turkey sammich recipe floating around here somewhere.

I can't take anyone seriously that uses the word sammich