Replies

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    This. Sounds. Awful.
  • Tutab
    Tutab Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is like "corset training". This DOES NOT reduce fat. It does not shrink or tighten loose skin. If you follow the method, you are literally wearing a corset VERY TIGHTLY for several hours in a day, for so long that your organs eventually CHANGE POSITION so that your body can adjust to the corset. This is like foot binding that used to be done in China, but on your waist. It's a very serious undertaking.

This in not what I meant and have been explaining all day, please go back and read my replies and you will know what I mean. I am well aware of the corset and its dangers have known about them since I was 13 and read my first English novel where the writer emphasized this issue and how it's not healthy for women ;) thank you.

The answer is still no. Unless you're corset training, it will not change your body in any way. Even if you were corset training, there's only so much that can do and it would not help with skin or muscle tone or belly shape it would only change your waistline. Loose or saggy skill will not tighten up from wearing it.

If it matters, this is not speculation. I'm a fairly regular corset-wearer. Once that thing comes off, everything goes back to where it was.
    oh wow the picture you drew with your last sentence!! Reminded me of my mom when i was a little girl she would look so pretty but once that thing comes off you see flab goign everywhere, but my mom is short 5 inches tall and all her fat translates to tires around the waist, i am quite a bit taller than her and dont have that i am just big all around with a small apron above my c-section but i guess i'll just have to live with it. My main goal is be more healthy. The flab is secondary if it goes it goes if it stays then it will be a different story.
  • Tutab
    Options
    My personal experience: after the csection with my daughter, I wore that elastic corset provided by the hospital. I noticed it was making me feel super comfortable and improved my posture. I loved it so I asked my doctor if I could wear it longer than recommended. My doc explained that the purpose of the corset was to stop my abdominal muscles from extra work so they have time to heal. Her exact words were: " you can wear it as long as you want but just know that while wearing it, your core muscles will get weaker the longer you have it on". So I took it off the next day!
    I still use it when I get my period and have cramps because this thing works better than painkillers.
    With that being said, when it comes to loose skin, I find it is preferable to have it stay put during strenuous exercise. You wouldn't run without a sports bra right? A better alternative to a "corset" for the same effect, use tight activewear pants with high waist. This will prevent any extra movement in the lower abs skin folds and should help keep the skin tight as to avoid loosening from the extra bounce and friction.
    Thank you forsharing your experience. My gyno was surprised when he saw me wearing it after i had my baby he said it doesnt do anything, so i took it off, and now i regret it, had i kept it on i wouldnt have developed the pocket, on my first one my csection was done by an emergency doctor not my own gyno and she stressed the fact that i need to wear it for 4 to 6 weeks but not sleep with it and during sleeping i needed to put a weighted pillow on my belly, did the same with my second only at home not the hospital and i never had a problem didnt look like i had any surgeries at all or babies, now i wish i didnt listen to him!
  • mzchoize
    mzchoize Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've never had a C-section, natural so I can't really speak on that. But, to shrink my flab, I use abolene and a neoprene waist trimmer when I work out, and it sweats out my middle instantly! During the day I wear a latex waist cincher for waist training, it's similar to a corset uses hooks instead of lacing up. Its worked for me! I had a pooch, that hung low like a flat tire around my middle, lol! I no longer have that pooch and I've loss 2.5" on my waistline so far. I've been at it for 6 weeks and counting. I think if the muscles are weak, you can strengthen them with core exercise of course. But If they're split, I'm unsure if core exercise will help as much. Mine were tight underneath my fat, from doing crunches thinking I could just spot exercise, (yeah right:blushing: ) but I had to work the fat off that's covering them, I do know better now. Well, that's my experience anyway. ;-)
  • Tutab
    Options
    I've never had a C-section, natural so I can't really speak on that. But, to shrink my flab, I use abolene and a neoprene waist trimmer when I work out, and it sweats out my middle instantly! During the day I wear a latex waist cincher for waist training, it's similar to a corset uses hooks instead of lacing up. Its worked for me! I had a pooch, that hung low like a flat tire around my middle, lol! I no longer have that pooch and I've loss 2.5" on my waistline so far. I've been at it for 6 weeks and counting. I think if the muscles are weak, you can strengthen them with core exercise of course. But If they're split, I'm unsure if core exercise will help as much. Mine were tight underneath my fat, from doing crunches thinking I could just spot exercise, (yeah right:blushing: ) but I had to work the fat off that's covering them, I do know better now. Well, that's my experience anyway. ;-)

That's interesting, I googled it and it's mostly water weight, I was also wondering how can you work out your muscles when they are wrapped? Do you feel them contract or are you just focusing on cardio and the sweat is just from that???
    Your experience tells me that there is hope with cardio/core training plus healthy lifestyle and some help from the binder that it might just get smaller,
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is only remedied a few ways:

Increase mass (whether through muscle or fat) where the loose skin is to make it tauter.

Accept that it's going to be there.

Have surgery to remove it.

There are no exercises, pills, liniments, corsets, girdles, etc. that will rid the body of it if it doesn't retract on it's own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer

IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

**Gasp**
    While I know what you are saying is true for people who have been overweight for a long period of time, their skin lost elasticity it forgot how to shrink, got way too stretched, yes I understand that the flab lose skin will always be there, I had convinced myself that it's not the case with me :D I want to give it a try and see if it makes a difference, LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN, I am not planing on wearing a corset but rather a binder that will not stress my waist, i am not using it as a means of suppressing my appetite or losing weight, but rather something to hold my flab in place that maybe just maybe the skin will shrink inwards rather than be pulled by gravity.
    Thing is one DOESN'T have to be overweight for a long period of time.

When people need surgeries that require "needed" skin to cover an area, they add "skin exspanders" over a few weeks to force the skin to stretch. If the surgery isn't performed, that skin would STILL be loose and hanging regardless.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I did after I was pregnant....just had my fourth baby look like I've never had kids! I swear by doing it post partum.
    Thank you for the reply, I hope it works 20 months post partum

hahah that I'm not sure about! I put it on as soon as I could get up after delivery and wear it about 8 to 10 weeks depending on how my back feels.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!