Let's hear some NSV's you never even thought of

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Whats a NSV? LOL
    Non-Scale Victory, when you notice yourself feeling/looking/doing better thanks to lifestyle changes. I've seen dangerously high vital signs like Blood Pressure go down with weight loss, so that's a huge one.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I read this thread a little bit ago and wanted to add to it but lately I haven't had too many NSVs. Actually, I've been feeling a little down about everything.

But just 20 seconds ago I was in the kitchen at work cleaning my dishes from lunch and a random women that works in my building (but nowhere near where I work) said I've been doing an amazing job with my weight loss. She called me an inspiration!!!! I have no idea what her name is but she made my day!

that's awesome! glad it helped boost your day! and hopefully cheers you up in general!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Forgot to share mine in earlier post: I never thought I'd see the day that weight loss would leave me feeling better and with tons of energy (as opposed to groggy, hungry and not paying attention when others speak as happened at the beginning), but I finally have a restored child-like energy after an approx. 20 lb. loss!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today I decided to try on a pair of size 13 juniors, laughing at myself the whole time, and holy crap they fit! Little snug, but I bought them anyways.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My back hasn't hurt in more than a year. I used to wake up every morning with lower back pain. That's normal, right? Bad backs run in the family. I wasn't THAT fat. I only lost 35lbs...but now I wake every day, pain free.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings are WAY too big on me, I had to buy a thin smaller band to put in front of them to keep them from flying off
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Weirdest NSV was when I was able to fit my arm all the way up under the chifferobe to retrieve the cat's toy. It had previously gotten stuck before my elbow.
  • TheRealNoodlette
    TheRealNoodlette Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well, today my wedding rings fell off into the dog's water bowl :-) I mean, I knew they were getting loose, but not THAT loose! I'm getting them resized.
  • wolf_tickets
    wolf_tickets Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Had to remove a link in my watchband a while back to keep it from sliding around annoyingly when I exercise. It's starting to do it again. Have reached the final notch in my 40" belt and it's still a little loose.
  • wolf_tickets
    wolf_tickets Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ...under the chifferobe...

Now that's a real Southern word. I bet most non-Southerners would only know it from To Kill a Mockingbird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chifforobe
  • sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am able to stand for longer periods of time without my back hurting me.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I noticed for the first time this morning when I stood up.... that I didn't nearly fall right back over. I've had plantar fasciitis in both feet for six years now. Had injections when I had insurance, boot braces while sleeping, inserts for my shoes etc.... nothing has helped but the injections, and those were only temporary. PLUS I lost my insurance so no injections in two years now..

But today... man it felt good to get up and run to the bathroom to pee lol. Usually I'd find myself limping/hobbling/dragging myself because of intense pain.

I'm not even half way to my GW so hopefully it'll only get better... :)
  • D_T_H
    D_T_H Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    from being told a year ago that dialysis was in my very near future due to diabetes as well as a fasting sugar of 14.1 while on medication to normal kidney function and a fasting blood sugar of 4.7 no medication my doctor who is in my opinion the best doctor I have ever had actually shed a tear for what I accomplished
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    ...under the chifferobe...

Now that's a real Southern word. I bet most non-Southerners would only know it from To Kill a Mockingbird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chifforobe

Haha, my fam is from KY and NC so I've heard it before. Even so, it still reminds me of Family Guy.
    " Leave my keys on the davenport. No! The davenport - the chesterfield. Does that look like a divan to you? -SIGH- Leave them on the chifferobe. "
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of capris and they were big, I went and found a belt, that I really dont know where it came from, that fit me, so tired of my pants trying to slip down, I have found a solution. Its been along time since I needed or wore a belt.
  • fortunekarma
    Options
    Reading through the posts...I agree with not touching the steering wheel. It seems my car seats are much bigger. My knees don't hurt. I put on and fit a coat in a size L (first time ever!). There are bones in my hands and my knees! Who knew??? LOL There's lots of space between me and the table when sitting in a booth at a restaurant (even that small booth in the back). Number one NSV? A tie between going into BCBG and actually fitting into a gown there, and being able to cross my legs under my desk at work!

Thanks for this topic, I was feeling down about my scale plateau :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I had to tighten the straps on my Birkenstocks. My FEET even lost fat, lol!
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    My husband had to lower the tension when he got on my stationary bike. That was pretty sweet.:bigsmile:
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    from being told a year ago that dialysis was in my very near future due to diabetes as well as a fasting sugar of 14.1 while on medication to normal kidney function and a fasting blood sugar of 4.7 no medication my doctor who is in my opinion the best doctor I have ever had actually shed a tear for what I accomplished

CONGRATS!!!!! That's one of the best NSV's - better health!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There are bones in my hands and my knees! Who knew??? LOL

OMG!!! I thought I was the only one who thought this - LOL!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!