A note about whey protein powders

Options
2»

Replies

• Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note:

One DOESN'T have to ingest protein shake right after training. The whole "replenishment" to repair muscle isn't that significant unless one is an elite athlete who's training super intense.

And full muscle repair happens the day after a good workout anyway.

If one is getting in enough protein in the day, you can ditch the shakes. I'm not against them, just saying that too many people are trying to emulate what an athlete is doing when they are far from even training like they do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks! I might abandon my shake plan after I run out of powder. :smile:

Yeah, agreed. The whole Anabolic Window thing is real but it's pretty big. I was listening to a discussion recently by members of the ISSN counsel and they feel that it's roughly 24 hours, so most people are going to eat multiple meals within that time frame. It won't hurt you to have something immediately after training but it's not something anybody needs to stress over.

If you can get 100% of your protein from food then that's awesome and by all means you should do it! Saves money too, wish I could do it myself. :)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard double chocolate in a glass of water never bothers me at all.