sick of stressing over labels....

Options
2»

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Boy do I ever know what you mean. I eat as processed free and organic as possible, but lately it seems like SUCH an effort. I partially decided to stop caring so much for a while and take it easy on myself, but then I made the mistake of watching 20 minutes of Food, Inc. and that made me rethink my plan to loosen up. (and don't worry I know that is essentially the far swing of the pendulum and I take some of it with a grain of salt)

Aside from the ethical issues involved that are easier not to think about, I do believe that all these chemicals and pesticides and GMOs and preservatives will eventually catch up to your health. It is not "just" a diet coke or "just" one meal. We are exposed to toxins in the air and water from pollution, antibiotics from our meat & dairy and also our water supply, there are chemicals in our lotions and soaps and the list goes on and on. Don't mean to be depressing here, but I don't care if the FDA says it's a "safe" amount for consumption. I personally don't want to ingest chlorine and all sorts of crap. If the FDA says 1 gram is safe, those companies will make sure to put in .999999999999 grams. They don't care about our health or their impact to the environment, just about how to make a buck.

Rant over. I just get frustrated because I feel like it shouldn't be so hard for us to make our own choices.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I typically look at 'calories', 'serving size' and 'protein' and that's pretty much it :laugh:
    and fiber too
  • mundane_human
    mundane_human Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't bring my reading glasses, and therefore it does not exist.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't really worry about stuff like that at all...I just try to eat a well balanced an nutritious diet. IMHO, "organic" is largely bull ****....