Your New Years day dinner

Options
What did everyone make for their New years day dinner? I'm from Pa. so we always had a pork roast with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes, but living in Alabama they eat turnip greens and black eyed peas, so I put the two together to please everyone.

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    Ham (or some kind of pork), collard greens, black-eye peas and cornbread. Pork and sourkraut sounds really good, too!
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i had leftover olive garden from last nights new years eve dinner. It was a super yummy treat and I managed to stay under my calorie goal!!:flowerforyou:
  • benbidder
    Options
    We had Greek food. lol.
  • shiggity
    shiggity Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Combined salsa and chicken breasts in the crockpot. Then used that over a salad like a taco salad. It was delicious! The boyfriend used it to make a burrito in a low carb wrap.
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I'm a PA girl!! Pork,sauerkraut, homemade kolbasi and dumplings and enjoyed every minute-back to normal tomorrow ;)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    black eye peas with bacon. :) side of polenta (b.c I was out of corn bread) and I put green chilies in mine b/c I didn't have any greens and I like mine spicy. :)
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ooo ours was wonderful!

My boyfriend and I started out the day with a shopping spree...a FOOD shopping spree, that is! We bought ALL healthy food and I am so happy that he supports me with this (his new years resolution was to eat more fresh vegetables!)

Anyway, he cooked chicken breast and sauteed fresh onions, carrots, garlic, and broccoli in a dab of EVOO. Put them together, had corn and celery/PB on the side and wah-lah! A yummy dinner.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Chicken soup :)
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    In my family we don't have a big dinner like at Christmas. Instead, we splurge on the biggest shrimp we can find and cannibal sandwiches. (For those who don't know what that is: take aslice of Rye bread, butter, top with raw, yes Raw ground round, sprinkle salt, raw onions) Best stuff out there. We only ever eat it at New Years so it is the highlight of my year, Happy New Year's everybody!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ham, mashed sweet potatos, corn, green beans and parker house rolls..yummy..
  • goldspaula
    Options
    We had homemade lasagna and garlic cheese bread. Married my wonderful Italian husband 30 years ago and his mom has passed down her wonderful recipes. Had that and was still under tonight!
  • ame19798
    ame19798 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken breast with avocado.....not so big on the avocado in my sandwich like that.... Back to the honey mustard :)
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    cuban spagehtii
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We had baked porkchops with sauerkraut, homemade mashed potatoes, and applesauce. We also served some garlic bread, but I didn't partake in them. It was yummy!
  • slansdown
    Options
    I had pasta with italian sausage and spinach and I am about to have a sugar free popsicle.

Lunch was a potluck (and I was so happy I brought a fruit salad).
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Everyone had chinese food....I went with a little sushi!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    chinese food is a tradition in my family even tho its not good for u....but one day wont kill us! lol =) hope u have a good year!
  • ckgis4me
    Options
    Went traditional but with an upgrade...
    -collard greens with agave, onions, carrots and prosciutto instead of bacon
    -black-eyed peas with onion, garlic, and spanish chorizo instead of hamhock
    -pan roasted pork tenderloin with sauteed honeycrisp apples
    ...and was 431 kcal and only 13g fat!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I made a prime rib roast, baked potatoes, raw veggie platter and broccoli, a nice meal.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, what didn't I eat?!!!!

We had about 15 people over, so there was lots to go around. My plate had: roasted sweet potato and carrots with maple syrup and ginger, vegan quiche, mashed potatoes, corn, green olives with pimentos, broccoli salad with raisins and almonds, potato chips, peanuts, and about 6 glasses of wine.
    :blushing:

Ah well.