Is it okay to eat back calories you exercise off?

Options
I've just recently read many forums that say you shouldn't do this. I've always ate back my calories and was able to lose weight when I wanted. So what's the deal??

Kinda random but I just wanna vent that I just recently increased calories above maintenance after leaning out now I feel bloated and fat lol I hope it goes away.

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. some people eat all of them, some only half and others none. do what works for you
    :smile:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I've just recently read many forums that say you shouldn't do this. I've always ate back my calories and was able to lose weight when I wanted. So what's the deal??

Kinda random but I just wanna vent that I just recently increased calories above maintenance after leaning out now I feel bloated and fat lol I hope it goes away.

Please see here as this should explain it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I tend to dip into them for the post workout protein shake. Rarely I will use a bit more if I've gone over for the day but I never actively eat them back.

Like the previous poster said, everyone is different :)
  • FemWeight
    Options

Please see here as this should explain it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf

Thank you! I specially like the part that makes me smack my head and say duh!
    And I quote "MFP says: Hey you pecker, you said you wanted to lose 1lb/week. Now you need to eat X+400 because you told me you wanted to lose 1lb/week. "

:drinker:
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was JUST WONDERING THIS.