Banh Mi

Pril2000
Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I just want to share that I had my first Banh Mi today (it was chicken so not totally authentic) and it was DELICIOUS. I am a huge fan of Pho and haven't been able to take the plunge to Banh Mi because I hate to give up Pho to order a sandwich. Lol. But I did it today since I've given up red meat and I have to say that I'll be ordering one probably every time I go back and at least once or twice a week.

Booyah.

ps. They're totally healthy & full of veggies!

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    I'm glad you took the plunge! Bahn Mi is one of my all time favorite foods. Such a variety of tastes and textures its amazing. We have a shop in Arlington called Ba Le that specializes in gourmet quality bahn mi and it is just out of this world. Much better than the ones in a normal restaurant.

You can also pick them up at many Asian supermarkets but those aren't nearly as good but will do the job if I need a quick fix :)
  • nice!! i grew up eating all asian foods and i love bahn mi. :)

be careful though. if you are getting your sandwiches on the roll breads with pate... its actually very caloric.

meanwhile, pho is like the vietnamese version of chicken soup and low in cals. lol.
This discussion has been closed.