Fit Bit

Options
2»

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've used the Fitbit Zip for quite awhile now, maybe two years. I find that that model is just fine for me, and that I don't really care about tracking sleeping, steps, etc. I also don't want to wear anything around my wrist all the time. The Zip is the cheapest model, about $55. One thing that's really incredible about Fitbit is the customer service. I've had two of the Zips replaced for free after I lost them. Yes, lost them. Myself. They are super responsive to this type of thing, and the customer service is amazing. Also their website is pretty fabulous, and it's fun to compete with other people, including friends. I'm "between" Fitbits right now (mine got wet and died and, yes, they're replacing it for free), and I find I really just do not move around as much when I'm not wearing one. I really need that reinforcement.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    All these answers are very helpful! Thank you.

Another question.

What do you think is the most helpful: HRM or Fitbit? Which will help me with my weight loss the most?

Your kitchen. Honestly, weight loss is 80% diet, 20% fitness. Or so that's been my experience.

I totally disagree with the above quote. It's not that she's wrong, but it's wrong for me. It took me years to figure out that exercise and fitness had to come first before I could even think of doing a diet. Sure I could try, but it didn't become easy or doable until I started working out. My races and fitness goals are what keep me on track.

Everyone's different. Some people lack motivation for activity, others can't quite get their diet right. For me? Before mfp I was exercising like crazy (4 hours a day) but still over consuming "healthy" foods. So I lost very slowly, or not at all.

Once I figured out my nutrition, I didn't need to work out excessively. If you need it the other way, by all means.

Whatever works for you.
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    All these answers are very helpful! Thank you.

Another question.

What do you think is the most helpful: HRM or Fitbit? Which will help me with my weight loss the most?

What type of activity are you doing? HRM are best for steady cardio. Fitbit will remind you to get up and move. Or you can look at one that is both an activity tracker and has HRM capability (which is the Polar Loop, Vivofit, & Vivosmart - those are the ones that I know of that have HRM capability).

Actually, Mio Global will release a new Activity Tracker called the Fuse (if they have not already) with an integrated optical HRM for those with a Sports-Oriented, Active Lifestyle.
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options

http://bit.ly/vbdmmr

If I liked the answer google generated I wouldn’t be on this forum posing a question….

It’s a shame that people like you feel the need to be rude to complete strangers for no apparent reason. I asked a simple question. If you don’t have an intelligent response or some kind of advice or opinion that would actually help me, then maybe you shouldn’t have commented at all. I’m sure there is a thread for arrogant *kitten* somewhere. Surely you can find it..maybe your comments would be more appreciated and accepted there.

I truly thank all of you who have actually made an effort to help me. Your advice and opinions have been very helpful.