The Journey Begins Now 295 to 215!

Options
Decided this week to give weight loss, done through a mixture of caloric reduction, exercise and better food choices a true and fair shot, especially after several "false starts" with MFP over the past three years. At 6'4" and 295, I have been able to somewhat mask my size by both personality and how the weight is distributed pretty even throughout my body. I have a very sedentary life-style even with young children, but have the means to eat better and have access to a really nice work-out facility.

I know I need to be better about my weight for a multitude of reasons, but in particular so that I can live the best life possible. Wife, kids, family and living a life full of great experiences are all of the utmost importance, however without my health I will simply become a drag on those closest to me. So, at 42 I am making a committed effort to this business of self-ownership, and am looking for anyone willing share, guide or collaborate with me on reaching my goal of 200-215lbs. Especially, big guys who have needed to go on a similar path of plus 80lbs loss after turning 40 - thank you for your consideration of adding me:wink:

Replies

• StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started at 364 and I'm currently 294ish.feel free to add me!
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I feel ya I'm 6'2 and when I decided that I needed to start losing weight I was 308 lost a few pounds doing really stupid fad diets (that I dare not mention) and found this site at roughly 280. Currently weighing in at 214 and if I can do it so can you ^_^ feel free to add me if u want.