Anybody else more emotional since MFP?!

Options
Since starting calorie counting my emotions are running a bit wild to say the least. Anyone else had similar experiences? And why?!

Replies

• marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    Yeah, same here.

Yesterday after I finished my workout I felt a lump in my throat
    and I wanted to cry hahaha

I guess it's because I'm super motivated and i'm so proud of myself even though it hasn't been long lol

It's rewarding!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Since I joined MFP, I see dead people.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So far for me -

I get overly excited to log in every day.
    I can't wait for Monday evenings to go to weigh in at the gym.
    I sometimes want to shout at people that post things about how hard this is (logging, tracking). It's my life line, my life saver. Someone posted it gets easier, not easy, but easier. And, it does.

I haven't cried yet, though not sure why I haven't. But I'm on a high where I want to shout it from the roof tops....HEY EVERYONE I'VE LOST 21 1/2 pounds and a huge part of that is MFP you should try it!!!!

I was crabby today because of work, but friends on here and success stories put me back on track. That, and just scheduled some gym time tonight with a friend. Woohoo!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Since I joined MFP, I see dead people.

Cool. you should come visit me. I live in a building that used to be a hospital in the 1900s. I'm sure there are dead people here hanging out with me. I think one is even chained to a bed and is dragging it across the floor (upstairs) to reach the door.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Ummm...are you pregnant? :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lktblkcz581qc0shi1_zps1d30ce37.gif
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging. Anything that becomes that habitual is never good for me.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I get emotional, but my awareness of what I'm eating sometimes affects my husband because he never measures anything and doesn't care to! And that gets annoying when I'm trying to input a recipe into MFP! He supports the weightloss but thinks I'm borderline obsessive with counting my calories (which I'm not, proof is the Schlotzskeys in my food journal) and doesn't believe the calorie counts that MFP gives me, even though I've been losing weight steadily!

So I guess I'm more emotional in the sense that I get aggravating that my calorie counting isn't understood and I have to guesstimate (I choose to overestimate usually) and just hope for the best! Plus it's more aggravating because the whole house is full of cheese lovers, and cream cheese, sour cream... and NOBODY will buy LOW FAT anything! So I opt out of eating it all together and I get gripes when I don't put cheese and fried onion pieces on top of my shepards pie!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Not really. I'm just more disappointed. I wish I knew about MFP years ago when I had my first big weight loss. I kept the weight off for about three years before I became bored of the gym and stopped going. My eating habits then went downhill. I think having something like MFP would have helped me maintain my weight. Already being on MFP has changed the way I think of food and exercise. Over the past decade, I always saw exercise as the way to lose weight. Yes. I made healthier food choices, but my main focus was on cardio.

But.... anyways, MFP has made me aware of my high sodium intake as well.

I really do enjoy this site.