Like football? Looking for Motivation? Look here!

Options
Hello!

My name is Josh, and I like watching the NFL. I created a group to help people stay motivated and get where they want to be by Christmastime (literally). It is called the Football Fans Fantasy Active League. It is easy: you join, pick an available team, and go head to head to score points and win! It is unbiased (not based on just weight loss), and it is a lot of fun!

Please check it out with the name listed above, and if it is something you can do, then glad to have you! I run all the numbers; all you have to do is be active and give me the input.

hope to see you there!

(sorry if the title seems like a sales pitch...im not selling anything haha)

Replies

• Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Awesome!:smokin:
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RockstarWilson
    Options
    Anyone? I have quite a bit of teams left, and you can jump in right away and get motivated!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have never done this but ok....Philadelphia eagles

Do I pick a team myself? Like in real fantasy? If so I'm in but I have to pick my team later.

Edited for the questions
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    How do I join and pick a team? I love football and my stomach needs to shrink
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options
  • RockstarWilson
    Options
    Thanks Karma....thats a better idea!
  • RockstarWilson
    Options
    I have never done this but ok....Philadelphia eagles

Do I pick a team myself? Like in real fantasy? If so I'm in but I have to pick my team later.

Edited for the questions

Hi Snip!
    You can join the league here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23792-football-fans-fantasy-active-league

The Eagles are taken, but you can choose any team that does not have a name attached. There is a pinned thread for picking your teams. I update the first response as they come in, right now it is updated til the lady that selected the Panthers on the second page. 8 teams are left!

And you ARE the team. the name is just so that it is football themed, and makes it easy to establish rivalries. You can consider the activities that score you points the "players." For instance....your diet is your quarterback, your exercise activity is your runningback, and your logging is your defense, all helping you to establish a weight loss touchdown!

Kinda corny, but it allows for some light, friendly competition, and follows the NFL schedule. If you lose one week, it encouraged you to try harder the next. It also helps you not get burnt out. The only requirement is to be transparent with your information. If that sounds like a good group for you, then welcome aboard! All the scoring information is posted in the group threads. If you join, you automatically score points from what you did over Tues/Wed!
  • Jeep_This
    Jeep_This Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If you like a cool challenge with a great moderator, this challenge is for you. There are a few team openings left and we would like to fill them for a great rest of the season...You can join the group at the link below.

Join the group!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/23792-football-fans-fantasy-active-league
  • RockstarWilson
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I need one more to join my group! Please check it out. It is a close-knit group with everyone active each week. I restructured it to work for everyone, and I just need one more person to fill the slot! It is essentially a Christmas challenge, as it finishes the week before Christmas.

Please check out this link:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23792-football-fans-fantasy-active-league

read about it, and join! You can start right away! Please, only join if you are serious about it. I have been weeding out the ones that don't contribute.