My naughty NSV

Options
Someone at work had a Birthday today, yes you know where this is going... Cupcakes were brought in from a specialty bakery.

I have been good on my journey so far and have not touched cakes, pies, candy, etc. and normally I don't care for Cake but this was Red Velvet with a cream cheese frosting so I allowed myself to have half a cupcake and I ate it slow to enjoy every bite.

I know the right thing to do was to bypass it entirely but at least I shared with someone else and we only had half.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're working it into your calories/macros, that is also the right thing to do!

And now I'm wanting red velvet cake, thanks
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the cupcake.... sounds delicious!! :smile:
  • shelleymclapo853
    Options
    A little bit of what you fancy does you good!! ????
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be able to eat half a cupcake until the other day. And I was completely satisfied with just half. Good for you!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You deserved it and showed good judge-ment. Good for you
  • ShapenerFiterrati
    ShapenerFiterrati Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nothing's wrong with some red velvet if it fits into ur macros and calories for the day, and if it's every once in a while.
    Now I want red- velvet :(
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    recoil.gif
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Choosing to eat what you want in a smaller portion size is a NSV that will see you happily to your goal weight.:happy: Nice Job!
  • nanbarnes1
    nanbarnes1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ten weeks of hard work, I have found I can have those special treats and lose weight, I found my metabolism! Go me!
    A firm 15 lbs off!!????
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I know the right thing to do was to bypass it entirely

No, I think you DID do the right thing.
    Cupcakes were brought in from a specialty bakery.

How often does this happen? And apparently you love red velvet...I know I do!
    I have been good on my journey so far and have not touched cakes, pies, candy, etc. and normally I don't care for Cake but

And that's great but this is all about changing your life forever and it's not like you are never going to have these things ever again.

You didn't binge, you shared.

You allowed yourself a treat, and you savored it.

You made a great decision, and this is a FANTASTIC NSV.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Oh....

This isn't what I thought what this thread was gonna be about.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, having this one indulgence will keep me motivated to sticking with my life style change.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I know the right thing to do was to bypass it entirely but at least I shared with someone else and we only had half.

LOL, if having a cupcake is wrong, then I don't ever want to be right! I don't indulge too often, but I don't think I could ever completely bypass the sweets. And if they fit into my macros/calories, I really don't see the reason to bypass them.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    last week I went into work and there was..a huge sheet cake half chocolate/ half vanilla, piles of bagels in every variety, tubs of cream cheese and donuts, all in the breakroom. My weakness is cream cheese mounded on asiago bagels..I walked away..When I came back in the evening..I had a tiny piece of cake..like a pat of butter size..Im cool with that. Yay us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!