Help I've been at a plateau for over 6 months

Options
Someone please give me some tips about being in a plateau! My 1st year ive lost the weight that is shown. Now my weight fluctuates 3-5 pounds heavier. Currently I'm 5 pounds heavier! I have a digital scale and weigh my food, drink 4-6 glasses of water a day, exercise 2-3x per week for 48-50 minutes doing step aerobics or taebo dvds and will eat 1200 calories per day. I have 1 cheat day where i will eat over by 300-400 calories on that day. Please give me some advice! I am hungry all the time! Help!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You might be hungry all the time because you aren't feeding your body what it needs. Add me and I'll check your diary and help you out.
  • desidieter
    Options
    I don't know your stats (age, height, weight, activity level), but in most cases, 1200 calories is not enough for the average adult. You should recalculate your caloric goals and possibly increase that number. Also, if you do exactly the same exercise routines all the time, your body can get comfortable with them. Try adding some new routines and see if that helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Someone please give me some tips about being in a plateau! My 1st year ive lost the weight that is shown. Now my weight fluctuates 3-5 pounds heavier. Currently I'm 5 pounds heavier! I have a digital scale and weigh my food, drink 4-6 glasses of water a day, exercise 2-3x per week for 48-50 minutes doing step aerobics or taebo dvds and will eat 1200 calories per day. I have 1 cheat day where i will eat over by 300-400 calories on that day. Please give me some advice! I am hungry all the time! Help!
    Well having that cheat meal means that calories AREN'T consistent on a day to day basis. So it's not a plateau. You'd have to do the SAME EXACT thing everyday for 6 weeks straight and have no weight movement for it to be a plateau. You're currently "stalled" in your progress. Eating 1200 calories (unless you're really small) isn't always the best way to go. And if you're been doing the same exercise for the past 6 months, then your body's more than likely adapted to the workload.
    So find your TDEE, eat 500 calories less from it and bump up the intensity of your exercise to start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition